Hawaii Babies

Glad we have hardwood floors...

Makes cleaning up baby vomit at 3 a.m. so much easier. Ick!

Re: Glad we have hardwood floors...

• Oh dear, makes me happy that we have HW floors too Indifferent
    I love Hawaii!

Tara & Ian . 4/24/2008 . The Kahala Planning . Married

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • inamrainamra member

Is Libby sick? Hope she feels better soon and glad it was pretty easy to clean up!

Hm...maybe we should look into renting a place with hardwood floors next =P

Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Loading the player...
  • Libby's not sick but she had an upset tummy last night.  Might have been from too many hours in the car yesterday...I dunno.  We went to my MILs which is 2 hours each direction.  Libby did great.  But when we got home I nursed her and gave her a bath and got her ready for bed.  She went down around 9 pm and woke up around 1 am. 

So I changed her diaper and nursed her and she fell back asleep but was restless (tossing and turning).  Then she pooped.  First one in 24 hours.  It was about 2 a.m.  I changed her diaper and rocked her back to sleep.  Then she pooped again.  A lot.  I changed her diaper (again) and as I picked her up to take her back to bed she threw up. All over me.  Down the front AND back of me. And all over the floor.  And all over herself.  My mom heard us and got up and helped me.  I took a shower while she cleaned Libby up.  By now it was close to 3 a.m.  I rocked Libby back to sleep and placed her in the ARCs next to me.  She slept there until about 7 a.m. and then pulled her into the bed next to me, nursed and she fell back to sleep until 11 a.m. 

I changed her diaper and nursed her then and played for about an hour and she went back to sleep until about 12:30 p.m.  She woke up around 1:30 p.m. and was up until just about 10 minutes ago...she's napping again.

She barely slept yesterday (a little each way during the car ride, but that's it) so maybe she was over tired?  Maybe the car ride made her quesy?  I dunno.  She hasn't been crying or moaning or whiney, so I am not sure.  Maybe she's just tired today?  She has no temp and is playful when she's awake.  But yeah, last night.  It wasn't spit up.  It was full on throw up.  Yuck.

• Awww poor little kiddo! I'm glad it was easy to clean up, anyway. We have carpet in all the rooms except the dining and kitchen, and I dread to think of having to clean puke out of it. Ick!
  • We have hardwood now, but had bought a little green bisal steam cleaner when we got Jackson for all his puppy mistakes. 

We still have carpet in the bedrooms so the little steam cleaner has been brought out for spraying poop and projectile vomit.

• inamrainamra member

Good to hear she wasn't sick though. Hopefully there won't be any more throw up!

Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • sorry :( all i can say is that i know how you feel...except our nursery is carpeted so i was doing a lot of messy clean up back in the winter when A had RSV and would vomit up ALL her milk at the end of almost every nursing session b/c she'd cough so much it would cause her to vomit :( as much as i hated cleaning it up b/c it was gross to be covered in milky vomit and have it all over the cushions and carpet...i was more upset about all that wasted milk!!! (after a few times i got smart and had several cloth diapers handy to catch as much of it as possible...or i'd run to the bathroom with her if i was quick enough)
  • Oh, I hear you on the vomit! Brooke vomits a lot-- especially when she gags (she has a sensitive gag reflex) so I am used to cleaning up vomit. She has vomitted in her swing, on our couch, in the kitchen, on the carpet, in her high chair...

Ugh. Once she vomitted on the carpet and since I was the only one home I was cleaning up her (bathing her) and came out to clean the carpet when I realized the dogs were lapping it up (DISGUSTING, I know) and had licked so hard there's a hole in our carpet now. Ughhhhn.

• I hope Libby's feeling better!  I don't do well around vomit.  I always gag when having to clean up cat vomit.  Who knows how I'll do with baby vomit.  Ick!
  • Ryan did a projectile vomit a few weeks ago. It was so weird because he wasn't sick and he's only done it once. I couldn't believe the force of the milk coming out and how far it went! Talk about nasty, I was wearing a tank top and my undies and it went all over my front and soaked my underwear too.

Hopefully this will just be a one time thing for Libby like it was for Ryan!

• I hope Libby is feeling better! 

We have carpet...  Now I'm scared.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"