Cincinnati Babies
Options

Registry "must-haves"

I am starting to work on my registry, as first time parents I would love some help/advice! What are the items that you couldn't live without? TIA!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers image

Re: Registry "must-haves"

• Options

The things I used daily in the beginning were the boppy (and an extra cover), and cloth prefold diapers for burp cloths.  The little cutesy burp clothes didn't do it for DD, but the diapers were fantastic.  Don't register for a lot of bottles if you plan on using them, maybe a few of a couple kinds, and no clothing.  I had enough clothing for DD to wear a different outfit every day of the month and then some the first few months, and I didn't register for anything except basic onesies.  Swaddle-mes were also a God-send.  DD broke out of regular blankets.

• Options
    Thanks so much! I appreciate your help, you are always so helpful. The cloth diapers as burp cloths is such a great idea!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    a bouncer is a must-have
    Dx with severe endometriosis. DS#1 conceived with Met and TI. TTC#2 for 2.5 yrs. Dx 2nd IF. 4 clomid cycles, 2 IUIs, Finally IVF#1 w/ICSI worked for us! twins born 35w3d. Unexpected total hysterectomy 6/11. Now on the HRT train.

• Options
    JLPT830JLPT830 member
    In the beginning we couldn't live without the vibrating chair or a bouncy chair.  This is the only place DS would sleep!  We also used the cloth diapers as burp rags.  We have a sound machine for white noise that DS still uses that was a God-send in the beginning.  I didn't register for many toy-type items for 6-12 months and since DS was born in Jan there was no "reason" for someone to buy him a toy.  In hindsight I wish I would have put a few older toys on my registry.
    Jennie Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    boppy, swing, bouncer, smaller PNP used as a bassinet in our room, pacifiers, lots and lots of burp cloths, changing pad on top of dresser, avent bottles, travel system...I am sure I am forgetting other things
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Honestly I don't think there too many things we couldn't live without. But a couple of things that gots lots of use the first three months were the swaddle me blankets with velcro, vibrating bouncer/chair, boppy and my breast friend if you are nursing, and a moby wrap.

Things that got lots of use 3-6 months: those linky do link things to clip toys to stuff. I have clipped them to her playmat, her car seat, her pack n play, and even my ring sling when wearing her. Also an exersaucer/jumperoo. We have both because I bought them both used cheap but probably would not have paid full price. It is a great place to put her if I want to get something done but she can still see me. 

sorry if this seems scattered....tried typing several times but baby and dog wanted nothing to do with that :) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers image
  • Options

What got me through the first few months was: bouncy seat that vibrates (he slept in that for the first month), cloth diapers as burp cloths, Dr. Brown's bottles, pacifiers, a couple swaddle blankets that velcro (because otherwise he broke out of the swaddle), the Fisher Price seahorse, the heartbeat bear, LOVE my Angelcare monitor and boppy pillow with several slipcovers.

I wouldn't register for clothes at all, I know from experience people can go clothes crazy. I put no clothes on my registry, and got clothes from everyone. I just packed away his 3 month clothing, and there were outfits he never wore and still had tags on them.

Good luck with your registry!

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

• Options
    All the above are great suggestions--we really used our boppys (we ended up with 2 which has actually been really convenient since nicholas sleeps on them sometimes--with me in the room of course), tons of cloth diaper burp rags, we have just started using the adan and anais swaddle blankets which are awesome (esp. for warmer weather when baby needs swaddled but you dont want too much warmth), moby wrap and/or ring sling, paci's, lanolin nipple cream (if you plan on breast feeding or pumping), nipple shields (if you plan on nursing--just a side note: the sizing on these are based on the baby's mouth not moms nipple size), nursing pads (ALOT of these) and I think thats the main things
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"