Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Easy sew instructions for crib bedding?

Does anyone know of any instructions for sewing crib bedding that are fairly easy to do and follow?  I am a beginner sewer and would like to try to make at least the bumper and skirt myself.  I have not been sewing for too long, is this too big of a project?  Any recommendations?  Thank you!

Re: Easy sew instructions for crib bedding?

• Options

I am an occasional sewer, I wouldn't say beginner, but it takes me a while to get in the swing of it if it has been awhile..... I am starting to sew my bedding and accessories today (looks like it will be a rainy Memorial Day).

There are fairly easy patterns at JoAnn Fabrics.... also, there is a great sale there right now on all sorts of supplies and 10% off total purchase including sale items!  I don't know if it is on sale, but near the foam they have padding specifically for bumpers.

I see you are in Le Claire- I'm just across the river in Moline!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    a little bit of life : A blog about the life of a working, crafting, adventuring family of 4.
  • Options
    Thanks!  I'll have to go check out JoAnn's!  We just bought a house in Princeton, so just a town over.  My parents live in Silvis, so we are out and about in Moline quite a bit! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Allie30Allie30 member

Young house love made their own skirt, and I'll be following their instructions (probably in a fabric to match my curtains:

https://www.younghouselove.com/2009/08/skirting-the-issue/

But I second the recommendation for patterns from a fabric store. You can make really cute things for WAY cheaper than some of the places I've seen!

• Options
    The Young House Love one is great!  The skirt looks very easy to make, thank you!
  • Options
    bancbevbancbev member
    I made one similar to the young house love one except I actually sewed the peices instead of using fusing tape and I added a kick pleat to the front panel.  It was pretty esay and I am a very beginner.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"