Washington Babies
Options

CD class/party - anyone interested?

So I'm not too worried about experimenting with different CDs when baby comes along, and I've fiddled with my fair share of them while nannying, but I thought it would be nice for DH to be able to check them out and decide what he thinks will work well for him, too.

I looked for classes in the area and found that Punkernoodle Baby will do group parties to teach about CDing and have fun with them.  Is anyone else interested in this?  I'd be happy to arrange it, and was thinking of later in June or early July.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: CD class/party - anyone interested?

• Options
    I've already ordered a bunch (and am about to get some more :p) but I'd be interested for sure- I think it would be great to help me feel more comfortable with them overall when LO is here.  Count me in if you decide to go for it. Smile

image Visit The Nest!

• Options
    depending on where and when I may be interested. Kai has been CD forever now but I use pockets OS. They are starting to get to small and I am still aways from potty training. I would like to learn more aboutprefolds, flats and covers so maybe I can get some new stuff for cheap to keep his bottom covered longer.
    Dawn - Wife of Brian 09/25/2005 - Mother of Eli Jace 03/12/2007 and Kai Evan 10/17/08

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm interested, depending on timing... I'm traveling June 13 - 21.  My other concern is that this is not a high-pressure sales strategy... I've been caught in those before!

I'm going to make an AWESOME big brother.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I would also be interested. Late June would be best for be since I want to have all my stuff in order by July in case little Wolfy decides to come early.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We've been CDing since DD was born and have a big enough stash (too big actually!), so I don't think I should participate. But, I just wanted to say that I LOVE this idea and think it's really cool they offer classes. It sounds fun! I think it would have been very helpful to get some practice/info before jumping in and wish I would have known about this resource. Nice find!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Good points, everyone!

I did get a really friendly, no-pressure response from Natalie, one of the owners.  She said it will be $20/person or $30/couple for a class that would run 1 1/2 - 2 hours.  I would probably host it at my house or work since her showroom only holds 6 people. 

I did just email her back to ask if there is any obligation or incentive to purchase through them after the class.  Hopefully she will pick up on the fact that we don't want to be pressured into buying and might offer us a discount.  I think that by charging for the class, she is less likely to try to make money pushing diapers on us because she is already getting paid.

The last week of June and 1st week of August work well for me, too, so I asked for her availability that week.  Does anyone have preference to day/time?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"