Nurseries and Baby Gear

Bugaboo Stroller

I'm looking at the Bugaboo Frog Stroller and debating on whether or not to spend the money.  Does anyone on here have a Bugaboo?  If so, is it worth it and why/why not?

Re: Bugaboo Stroller

• I don't have one, but plan on getting one with the next babe. Everybody I know that has one loves it. It's not for everybody, but they have great resale value if you're worried about the cost. 
  • We bought one for our oldest and we LOVED it.  Super comfy and still looks perfect.  It isn't for everyone though.  Some people don't like the two step process to put in the car.  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the Frog, and love it.  I actually prefer the 2 step process of taking the seat off to fold the chassis, simply because each piece alone is so light!  I also love the fact that it pushes so well, turns beautifully, and, face it, is stylish (IMO).  Oh, and the bassinet was wonderful when DD was itty-bitty.  The drawbacks are:  The cup holder (you have to purchase it separately and it sticks out, which can catch on clothing racks while shopping or fall off if I fold it without taking it off first), the basket isn't huge (but honestly has worked for my needs up until now), and the sun shade isn't as big as I would like.  That being said, I would recommend personally.  GL!
  • I have the Cameleon- LOVE it- it pushes like a dream. It's just the best stroller ever! I cannot imagine having anything else!

Our Journey from two to three! 3 IUI's, 2 IVF's, decided to move to foster/adopt. 12/24/2009 Baby C born, 2/1/2010 placed with us, 5/17/2011 Adoption final- we are finally a forever family! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you watch Craigslist you will likely find a lightly used one for $300 or less. A quality used item beats a new item of lesser quality in my book, because I don't have lots of extra money to spend.
  • imageBostonGayGal:
    If you watch Craigslist you will likely find a lightly used one for $300 or less. A quality used item beats a new item of lesser quality in my book, because I don't have lots of extra money to spend.

I had a hard time finding one for less than 500 but do agree that a quality used is still worth it.

We have the Chameleon and like PPs I LOVE it we havent used it for baby yet but I like the way it rides love all of its features and do not think the 2 step fold is a big  deal.

I see your from MD where? if you dont mind me asking. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have the Bugaboo Frog and love it!!  I did not want to spend the $$ on the Cameleon so I bought the Frog instead.  It is my favorite baby item.  It has an amazing ride and is so easy to push.
    Booze, it's what's for dinner imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birth - 7 lbs. 7 oz., 20 inches 1 Month - 9 lbs., 5 oz, 21 inches 2 Months - 11 lbs., 4.5 oz, 23 inches 4 Months - 14 lbs, 1 oz, 26.5 inches 6 months - 16 lbs, 1 oz, 28.75 inches 9 months - 18 lbs, 6 oz, 29.25 inches 1 Year - 21 lbs, 6 oz, 31 inches 2 Years - 28 lbs., 37 inches
  • FYI, not that long ago Totsy.com had the Frog in Sand and Red for less than $500.  So if you are not in a hurry to buy one watch some of the deal sites like:

Totsy.com

Btrendie.com

Gilt.com

Billiondollarbabes.com

Booze, it's what's for dinner imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birth - 7 lbs. 7 oz., 20 inches 1 Month - 9 lbs., 5 oz, 21 inches 2 Months - 11 lbs., 4.5 oz, 23 inches 4 Months - 14 lbs, 1 oz, 26.5 inches 6 months - 16 lbs, 1 oz, 28.75 inches 9 months - 18 lbs, 6 oz, 29.25 inches 1 Year - 21 lbs, 6 oz, 31 inches 2 Years - 28 lbs., 37 inches
  • Hoping4Sept on MM has one (or 2). She raves about it. She did warn me about how it was not easy to get into the car, but that it is ideal for the bumpy Boston streets.

I have elected not to get one, just because we need something very lightweight and easy to travel with. 

• I really like ours.

They almost never go on sale and rarely a discount site will have them. Also keep an eye on Ebay - I got ours brand new for ~$75 off.

• I love the Frog for walks around the neighborhood, or if I am going to one place, and then home.  The bassinet was great for when DD was <4 months.  However, it is not for running errands (the 2 part fold drives me nuts), and it takes up so much space in the back of our SUV.  For errands I used the Snap n go, until she fit an umbrella stroller.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"