Baby Names

What do you think of the name Bellamy for a girl?

Any middle name suggestions?

Re: What do you think of the name Bellamy for a girl?

• hmmm, honestly I don't love it. But I would stick to a simple middle name if you go for it. Ann or Grace.
  • Yuck, I hate it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Completely NMS at all. But I agree with Bex - you will need a simple middle name.

ETA: It reminds me of Bill Bellamy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it sound 100% made up.
  • imageBizEB:
    Yuck, I hate it.

Agree. 

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• clynn58clynn58 member

imageKdgTeacher:
    I think it sound 100% made up.

Crazy  two first names pushed together

what about Amy Bell 

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • imageBizEB:
    Yuck, I hate it.

These were my thoughts exactly.

I had not heard the name before, but apparently it is a boy name, if anything. It is of French origin and means "handsome friend". So I would definitely not name a little girl that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • imagelovemytwoboys:

imageBizEB:
    Yuck, I hate it.

I had not heard the name before, but apparently it is a boy name, if anything. It is of French origin and means "handsome friend". So I would definitely not name a little girl that.

It actually reminds me of Bill Bellamy, some c-list comedian I wouldn't name any kid after.  

• imageBizEB:
    imagelovemytwoboys:

imageBizEB:
    Yuck, I hate it.

It actually reminds me of Bill Bellamy, some c-list comedian I wouldn't name any kid after.  

exactly what I thought of 

• I actually think it's cute. Have you heard of the new show on Bravo called 9 by Design? They have a daughter name Bellamy so I wonder if it might become a little more well known?!
    Declan 8.25.08
    Lincoln 3.18.11
    Brooks 7.7.12

• I know it from 9 by Design too.  On that show, they say it "Bah-la-me".. rhymes with salami. I don't love that pronunciation.  I prefer "Bell-ah-me" (yes, as in Bill Bellamy, the MTV veejay...).  I think it's cute.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Horrible name and I LOVE different names:)
  • Mrs.UmmMrs.Umm member

imageCushyBaby:
    Any middle name suggestions?

How about Pleasestoplaughingatme

• imageLilystar82:

Completely NMS at all. But I agree with Bex - you will need a simple middle name.

This!!

• imagebexter:
    hmmm, honestly I don't love it. But I would stick to a simple middle name if you go for it. Ann or Grace.

This. 

• Aww... for some reason I love love love this name, but I think DH would laugh at me if I suggested it. Even though I love it, I know it's a little strange- but I don't think it's really as horrible as pp's have made it sound. With all the ridiculous names out there, I doubt it would get your kid beat up on the playground.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • pp- I dont think its "made up", its a last name I have heard before. I went to Bellamy Elementary School when I was little! I think it sounds more like a boy name than a girl name.
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It's nms, but I agree with pp's, the middle name would need to be simple. Grace, Ann, etc.

• Thanks to everyone for their input.  We aren't 100% sold on it yet and I didn't know it was on that show.  It holds a special meaning for us because it is a name that is well known in our hometown and we are from the south.  I thought it sounded very southern and cute when I heard it.
  • yaleyale member
    No
  • I really like it but it will more than likely get shortened to Bella, which I adore.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It reminds me of Bill Bellamy. I hate it. 
  • imagesmash_effect:
    I actually think it's cute. Have you heard of the new show on Bravo called 9 by Design? They have a daughter name Bellamy so I wonder if it might become a little more well known?!

I agree, I have heard it on that show.  I think its cute though. 

imageimageimage

• imageLilystar82:

Completely NMS at all. But I agree with Bex - you will need a simple middle name.

THIS!!

• imageJune2007:
    pp- I dont think its "made up", its a last name I have heard before. I went to Bellamy Elementary School when I was little! I think it sounds more like a boy name than a girl name.

::shrugs:: I went to Crestview Middle school and Ellisville Elementary School.  Doesn't mean I'd use that name for my kid.

• LOVE IT! It's my second cousin's name and I have always liked it.
  • that's a last name.. i don't like it sorry

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"