Washington Babies
Options

Boobie attire, where to buy?

I need some nursing bras, tanks, tops. Motherhood is the only store i've seen them. I looked at Target (lingerie and maternity sections), nada. Kohl's in Redmond, the maternity section disappeared and I found nothing in lingerie. The boutique at Evergreen Hosp has bras but the tanks are $35 and shirts are $55. I'm clueless since this whole pumping and later BF'ing thing is new to me. Is there anywhere else I should try?
Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image

Re: Boobie attire, where to buy?

• Options
    I bought target nursing bras and I think I got some from macys as well. Sorry not much help!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I ordered two nursing tanks for $20 (for both) from walmart.com.  I liked the way they fit and the snap is really easy to do with one hand.  I was impressed for walmart.  I just wouldn't put them in the dryer, or at least keep it on the lowest heat setting.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    P.S.  Congratulations!!  I haven't been bumping as much now that my little girl is here, so I totally missed that your babies arrived!!
  • Options
    I don't know about finding something that's in-store (other than the places already mentioned), but if you can wait a couple days for shipping you should be able to find some stuff at both Target and Kohl's online.  
  • Options
    I got nursing bra's at JCPenney. And the last time I was there, they had tanktops too.
    photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have the Target nursing tanks, and a few bras.  They are with the regular bras, usually just a small section. The header doesn't usually advertise them as nursing, just the brand "Gilligan O'Malley". 

You can also find some at Old Navy, in the maternity section or online.

• Options
    I love the Target stuff and they have them at both the Woodinville and Alderwood ones. I have also heard good things about the stuff from Gap, but dont know if you can buy in store or not.
  • Options
    Motherwear.com is where I got several shirts. I got bras at evergreen and on line. Good nursing bras are worth it bc you really do need some good support. Nursing clothes though are iffy. Some if them seem like more of a hassle than just lifting up a shirt. Trying to get your bra unhooked and then gettng your boob out the hole or flap in the shirt often takes two hands for me. But a tank with a shirt over or a Bella band under your shirt can also provide cover. And once your babies are better at latching on you will probably find you can get them on so easily and quickly that you don't need special clothes. Do you have a hooter hider or anything like that? I have one I've never used if you want it.
  • Options
    I'm currently living in the Target nursing tanks and zippered/button front shirts (they can be hard to find...but I've seen them in every store still). I found they were a bit short, so ended up sewing on a bit more length and now love them. Also really like the nursing sleep bras (I just wear them under v-necks)...super soft and comfortable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I guess I should probably ask someone at Target since me looking got me no where. I'll try the other places too. I did buy some nice bras and a pumping bra at the boutique.
    Jill, I do have a hooter hider, thank you ;) and thanks for all the great advice!
    Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
    Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image
  • Options

I've noticed that Target's in-store maternity/nursing section is a fraction of what they sell online.  I was just looking online there today and noticed that they are having a sale on nursing intimates, so maybe you'll find what you're looking for:

https://www.target.com/Temporary-Cut-Select-Nursing-Intimates/b/2311990011/ref=sc_fe_l_2_1293426011_1?node=2311990011

Village Maternity (in U. Village) also sells a bunch of nursing clothes, but you will be paying their higher prices...I'm not sure what your shopping/clothing budget is like.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I also love my target nursing tanks... they were by the sports bra's at my target. If you had a target baby registery there is a $2 coupon for a nursing tank in there too!

• Options

I've found the display at the Woodinville and Redmond Target - it's in the middle of both bra sections, on a single rotating rack.  Kind of annoying.  In store they only sell the "double sling" tanks, that have a sports type bra with holes in it for both boobs under the top.  Online Target has the single sling, which just has the outer sling and is easier to nurse from I think. They both look the same when the tank is on, you can only tell if you look inside the tank.

Good luck!  There's supposed to be some great place in Madison Park/Seattle, but they're not cheap either.  Can't remember the name though..

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Evergreen and Nordstrom are the only places I've found that have *good* nursing bras.  I get my tanks at Target. Evergreen's prices are still a god 5 dollars cheaper than Nordies.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"