South Florida Babies

Need your advice

I've been kind of MIA lately, May is a busy month for us. Anyhow, apparently (if all works out) we're going for round 2 (I got a BFP last week). I'm sure a lot of you remember what happened last time, so I'm not going to tell anyone until we're out of the woods completely this time. You girls really helped me get through it last time, and I am forever grateful to you for that.

So this is my thing, last time I went to my OBGYN and I didn't get to hear the heart beat until the 2nd time I went in. The first time he just did a check up but didn't check for it (I guess maybe it was too soon?). So this time I don't want to go in until they can check for it because I'd rather just know that there is one from the beginning. So yeah, sorry for the rambling, the question is: when do you think I should go in? According to calculators I'm about 6 weeks along. What do you think??

Thanks!:)

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Need your advice

• My OB's office won't check for a heartbeat until 11 weeks. I think with the doppler machine it is hard to hear it before then. But if you are worried because of what happened last time, you can see if you can request an early ultrasound maybe around 8 weeks? You can always call and tell them you have some bleeding and maybe they'll do an U/S. yeah, that's lying, but I know people who have done it!
  • congrats! i had my first appt. when i was 8 weeks. they let me hear the heartbeat then and she also did an internal u/s because my measurements were bigger than 8 weeks-i was really 9 weeks. i would go in a couple weeks and when you set up the appt tell them you want to hear the h/b! good luck and sending tons of sticky baby dust your way!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • First off, congrats! and I pray that this is a sticky baby for you :)

Second, I wouldn't lie I'd just call and tell them you aren't exactly sure how far a long you are and that due to the fact that you had a miscarriage earlier this year you'd prefer to have an ultrasound at your first appt. just to make sure. If your insurance doesn't have any stipulations as to how many you're allowed etc. It shouldn't be a problem. They should have that information in your file.  

TTC #1 May/June 2008
    CP 7.19.08
    Dx with PCOS 3.27.09
    HSG 7.15.09 = All clear
    8.09 & 9.09(re-try) IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel=cancelled due to cysts
    10.09 IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel Crinone 8%=BFP!
    22mm Follie / 60mil & 48mil post wash counts Beta #1 (14dpiui)= 102 Beta #2 (18dpiui)= 714 12.3.09 HB 135bpm

Our baby boy was born on 7.8.10 @ 38 weeks 2 days! 2:17pm 6lbs 8oz 20" long
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    TTC #2
    HSG 2.2013 - IUI 1/2, 3/4 = BFN - Took 4 month forced break
    IUI 5/6 Clomid 150mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel ( 11 & 15 mil post wash counts) = 2ww
  • CONGRATS!!! I had an internal U/S at almost 6 weeks and saw the heart flickering. With that said, most OB's see you at around 7-9 weeks for the first prenatal visit. Praying for lots of sticky dust :)
    ~~Givette~~ Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Congratulations!  I went in for my first OB visit and they did an internal u/s for dating purposes and we were able to see the heartbeat.  I would agree with pp that said you should express your concerns about the miscarriage earlier this year and that you aren't sure exactly how far along you might be. 
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Since you did have a m/c, I'd request one at first appt.  At this point, you should be able to hear the h/b, or at lease see it on u/s, we did see/hear both!  GL

And CONGRATS 

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Congrats!  I can't really advise much, as my history is similar to yours.  I had  a u/s as soon as my hcg levels hit 1200, which was like 4 weeks.  I saw an RE for my pg with Spencer and will do the same with the next (whenever that may be).  Best of luck and sticky dust to you!!

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • imagecocojack10:

Since you did have a m/c, I'd request one at first appt.  At this point, you should be able to hear the h/b, or at lease see it on u/s, we did see/hear both!  GL

And CONGRATS 

ditto Jackie + a huge congrats to y ou!!!

• my advice isn't any different than what the other girls posted, but wanted to say CONGRATS!
  • EliStarEliStar member

No advice, but I wanted to say congrats! And I'm praying that it's a sticky baby!!

imageimage

Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • congrats!!!! I got an ultrasound at 8 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats and lots of sticky baby dust to you!!!

I think it depends on the OB.  The first OB I called for an appointment with wouldn't even see me until 11 weeks (I never ended up seeing him).  My first appointment with Dr. K was at 6 weeks and I got an u/s and heard the heartbeat through the u/s machine (it was too early for the doppler).  At the second appt at 10-11 weeks, we heard the h/b through the doppler.  I would just call and discuss your experience and your wishes for an u/s. 

• First off CONGRATS!!!!! I will pray that this baby will stick with super glue! Like the others mentioned I would express my concerns with the dr to request a sonogram, if that doesn't go LIE! For Alejandro I had to wait until I was 12 weeks before my Dr would even see me. Also, all through my first tri he did internal sonograms. Congrats again and can't wait to see that "we have a heartbeat" post!
  • I don't think you can see the heartbeat until after 8 weeks and hear it until even later. But I think your doctor can check your blood and HCG Levels to see if the pregnancy is growing according to plan.

Congrats to you!!! Sending you LOTS of sticky baby dust. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No advice to share. But I did want to say CONGRATS. Lots of sticky baby dust being sent your way.
  • imageMrs.HisOnly:

First off, congrats! and I pray that this is a sticky baby for you :)

Second, I wouldn't lie I'd just call and tell them you aren't exactly sure how far a long you are and that due to the fact that you had a miscarriage earlier this year you'd prefer to have an ultrasound at your first appt. just to make sure. If your insurance doesn't have any stipulations as to how many you're allowed etc. It shouldn't be a problem. They should have that information in your file.  

This exactly. & CONGRATULATIONS!!! I would just be honest and tell them what happened last time and your reason for wanting an ultrasound or at least a doppler to ensure that there is, in fact, a heartbeat. I had an internal done at 10 weeks to for measurement purposes, so that might be an option too.

H&H9M to you :)

• Congrats Clari!!!!! Sticky dust to you! :) ::hugs::
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1st off congrats!

2nd...with mady heard the heart beat at 8 wks...with baby #2 the same. why not schedule an appt until around that time, unless you want him to check for a sac with a transvag u/s if that would make you feel better.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • AlbahAlbah member
    Congrats!!!!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"