December 2010 Moms
Options

really mad at DH last night...but better now (long)

OK this is extremely long, but here is the summary: DH kept me up until 2am last night and I was designated driver. After he knew I got a really bad night's sleep the night before.

I wrote yesterday morning about having a bad night's sleep as we are visiting the ILs for a long weekend over which we have a wedding to attend (which is today). I got a little napping in yesterday, but my total sleep was probably no more than 5-6 hours.

So last night we went to an event that was related to the wedding. It was a karaoke/dessert reception that started at 8:30. DH and I love Karaoke, so I was able to rally to stay up much later than I would have otherwise.

Before going we had talked about not staying out too late, but we hadn't set a real time (bad idea). Well, we both still had songs in to the DJ at midnight when he shut down the operation. I thought we'd leave immediately...in fact, in my world I would have left earlier, like 11:30. But no, even as a couple friends of ours with a baby left, DH didn't want to go. The groom suggested everyone meet up at the hotel to drink/hang out more. I really wanted to leave and made that very clear, but we still ended up at the hotel. It was only for about 10 more minutes, but we didn't end up leaving until 1:15! I finally told DH that we needed to book a hotel room for that night ($200!) or leave asap. Remember, I was the designated driver responsible for making the 35 minute drive back to DH's parents' house to sleep!

The good news is that I slept pretty well. The bad news is that it was still just 6 hours. When I got up at 8 to pee, I couldn't go back to sleep. DH is of course still asleep and probably will be for a few more hours. 

Seriously...your wife is pregnant. She is also your designated driver. The wedding isn't even until tomorrow, so we'll see all of these people again and have plenty of time to hang out with them. It is his friends (though both of ours--I met most of these people 9 years ago), but I still feel like I get to call the shots on this one. Especially when I'm already staying up 4 hours past my bedtime as a compromise. But, I'm not mad anymore. Luckily tomorrow we do have a hotel room so we won't be in the same situation again.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: really mad at DH last night...but better now (long)

• Options

Aw, I am sorry. I know just how you feel. You are right, setting a time is key! I am a brat and make us leave everything by 10pm. Tom acts like he is sad to leave, always thinks about staying later and catching a ride home w friends, but in the long run always comes home with me. Which is good because when I get him home and in bed he passes right out, faster than me!!!!

ps I always had this idea that when I stopped drinking for 9 months he would too...silly me :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"