Baby Names
Options

So indecisive...

Since we're team green we need 2 names. We though we had them picked out but I keep waivering on middle names.

First the boy, the only name we can agree on is Marcus. But I really wanted to use my great-uncle's name for his middle name (he passed away recently and meant a lot to me). Unfortunately his name was Harris. Is Marcus Harris too rhymey?

As for the girl, we decided on Katelyn. Again I wanted to use a family name so was thinking of going with Josephine. Is Katelyn Josephine too long? Our last name starts with a C and is 4 sylables. I asked the DH for help but he says they are fine and I am stressing about nothing. What do you think? 

Re: So indecisive...

• Options
    I like your girl name, but I am not a fan of the double s ending of your boy name. I like Harris and Marcus, but together not so much.
  • Options
    What about Harrison? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't think Katelyn Josephine is too long.

Marcus Harris doesn't have the best flow, I would use it if it was the first and last names, but for a middle, I think you can get away with it.

• Options
    I think Katelyn Josephine is pretty.  I like long names, they are kind of distinctive and dramatic!  I think Marcus Harris is fine, since you are doing it for the meaning.  When you do that, it doesn't have to sound perfect.  I did like the previous suggestion of Marcus Harrison, though.  That does flow better.
  • Options
    I like Marcus Harris, and i wouldn't worry about it being to long on the girls name because most of the time unless your mom and she's in trouble the middle name does not get used to its entirety!
  • Options
    Could you shorten Marcus to just Mark? Mark Harris sounds pretty good. Marcus Harrison (as a PP suggested) also sounds good.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageGideonsMom:
    What about Harrison? 

I like Marcus Harrison! 

• Options

imageMrs.Deputy:
    Could you shorten Marcus to just Mark? Mark Harris sounds pretty good. Marcus Harrison (as a PP suggested) also sounds good.

This. I think Kaitlyn Jospehine is very pretty and not too long.

• Options
    I dont think Katelyn Josephine is too long, middle names really aren't said that frequently.
  • Options

Marcus Harris is not too rhyme-y. I like the family significance and people are going to say your son's first and middle name _very_ rarely.

I don't think your girl name is too long.

• Options
    WHat about your uncle's middle name to go with Marcus??
    Mom of 4....and Sept 2013 BRIDE!!!!
  • Options
    yaleyale member

They both work.

• Options

I really like Katelyn Josephine, but if you have concerns that it's too long you could do Katelyn Josie.

I do think Marcus Harris is too rhymey... what about Marcus Harrison?  It sounds a little different to me.  Congrats either way.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"