Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

anyone else PTing this weekend?

we started today, just put him in underwear this morning--he had 3 accidents but by afternoon was doing really well. he's been trying his potty seat and chair more and more lately (seems to prefer to poop on the toilet), wakes up dry most mornings, and wants to wear undies like some of the kids at daycare, so we figured it seemed like the right time.

i think he's starting to get it, the only real issue is that he'll pee, get up, wash his hands, we'll clean the potty, then he goes again like 1 minute later. i swear he peed 10 times in the hour after dinner. :/ trying to teach him to try a bit longer, otherwise he's doing so well!

anyone spending the holiday weekend PTing? fun. :P

Re: anyone else PTing this weekend?

• Options
    we are (I don't oficially belong here though).  Sounds like your day went better than ours, we had about 9 accidents out of 10 pees/poos BUT she is now telling us she has to go before going, although it is usually only nanoseconds and if we do get her to the potty in time it is as if she loses the urge or gets distracted b/c NOTHING comes out!  Then she will go 2 min later, giving us not enough warning to get to the potty.  I think tomorrow we will let her sit on the toilet a bit longer before assuming she doesn't have to go.  I am thinking maybe the idea of releasing is still a bit uncomfortable to her on the toilet....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LuckyHLuckyH member
    We are. Her daycare teachers all think she's ready so I don't want to miss a good window. We're doing the 3 day PT. So far it's been very frustrating. We have 23 pairs of undies for her and I've had to do laundry several times today to keep up. DD is strong willed. I know she gets it, but is exercising her control. Hopefully tomorrow will go better.
    imageimageimageimage m/c at 8w4d - 10/2/09 baby girl Ruth Elise
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we are doing the 3 day pting this weekend. im exhausted already! But it was not all that bad today.  There were a lot of accidents... but a lot of scores as well.  He did his first poo on the potty today... although he did not tell me he had to go, I could just see on his face and made him run to the potty and he went! We threw away all the diapers in the morning and I am going to use pull-ups for the night only since he is still in our bed. I am hopefully that by monday he will have a good hold on this!
  • Options

We are too!  

DD has been using the potty off and on for a year... And consistently every night for the past 9-11 months. Yes So we decided its time to start!! 

Today, DD had 5 accidents and ONE successful trip to the potty. She is telling us she needs to go when she is in the process of peeing. We sit her on the potty regardless and have her pull up her own underwear. Right before bath time, I saw her pulling down her underwear and she sat on the potty, than told me she needed to go. She didn't go either one, but atleast we are getting the concept.

Overall, it's been a frustrating day, but we will keep at it tomorrow!!!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU GALS TOMORROW!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"