Hawaii Babies
Options

Somebody used our favorite baby girl's name :-(

A friend of a friend just gave birth and just saw in her FB that her daughter's name is the name that we want for our LO :-(. We're not close and only met her thru my close friends. I only see her like once a year or something. We share the same group of friends though. We're FB friends. I'm so bummed. Should we still go ahead and use that name?

Re: Somebody used our favorite baby girl's name :-(

• Options
    Yes! in five years you won't even know them probably. That's my thought anyway
  • Options
    It's knd of a bummer that they used the same name you wanted to use but since they're a friend of a friend, if you are really attached to that name, I'd go ahead and use it. =)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That sucks.  Sorry.  If you love the name I would still use since she's not a close friend.  Are you gonna share it with us?  Stick out tongue
  • Options
    inamrainamra member
    I'd still use it if I were you, especially since you already had it as your fav before you knew of her using it. In general, I don't think it really matters if ppl who know each other name their kids the same names. If you think she'd think that you had "stolen" her baby's name or something, then maybe you can let her know that you guys were already going to name your LO that and clear it up ahead of time?
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Options
    I can see why you're concerned, but I'd still use it, especially if you already had your heart set on it.
  • Options

Hells to the yes! She's just a friend of a friend, not a BFF or a close relative. If you love it, use it! (I do get why you're feeling bummed though...in a way it makes it feel less special when something like that happens, even if you still love the name.)

• Options

I agree, I would so use the name!  Our girls names were/are both used on the Nest board and we've had them picked out from ages ago... so I wouldn't let that stop us from using our favorite names :)  It does kind of make you go "oh... darn" though, LOL.

Are you in Cabo? How is it so far? 

I love Hawaii!

Tara & Ian . 4/24/2008 . The Kahala Planning . Married

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i would totally still use it, esp since you don't see them all the time or anything. i know it still sucks to hear someone use a name you have your heart set on, even if they're not close or if you only know them online...but really it won't matter in the long run!
  • Options

I'd probably use it too, unless I wasn't really attached to the name and I knew it was going to bother me that I *knew* someone else's baby with that name.

• Options

this is such a huge fear for me. we don't know even know if we're having a boy or a girl yet, but we've been hypothetically thinking about names for a long time.  We have a bunch of friends giving birth this year too, and we're so worried that someone might choose the same name. I'm so torn between telling people what it is so they don't choose it but at the same time, what if they forget we told it to them and choose it! yikes! We're just planning on some backups and if it's not meant to be, i guess it's not meant to be....

erica, i've actually found a friend of a friend that has the name we want, and i'm still okay with using it. I think if it's someone you don't normally hang out with or speak to it's okay to go ahead and use it.  good luck =)

• Options
    Yes, use the name!  It's not like they'll have the exact name since I am sure you'll chose a middle name that's different.  And it's a "friend of a friend"...so not that close anyway.  I agree with Julie...you might not even know them in 5 years!
  • Options
    Def use it.  If it was a close friend, maybe not, but otherwise who cares.  Just means it's a good name to begin with!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I say use it!  Like Julie said, you probably won't know them in 5 years. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"