Attachment Parenting
Options

RP: Would this work? (washing CDs)

I posted on EFF, but that board seems kinda slow and I know a lot of you ladies use CDs: 

I read that you should do a pre-wash in cold, wash in hot, then an extra rinse in cold.  My washer does not have a "pre-wash" nor do any of the cycles do 2 washes.  The "Heavy" cycle on my washer goes: wash, rinse, spin, rinse, spin.  There is an option for the Heavy cycle to do "super wash" which is a 15 minute wash, then followed by 2 rinses.  Since this is an extra long wash, is it ok to skip the pre wash?  This would mean the diapers would go straight to a longer, hot wash.  What is the purpose of the cold pre-wash?  Prevent stains?  I could do a short delicate wash as a pre-wash but I'm trying to figure out a way to just put it all in the washer and leave it til they are done...I don't want to have to keep going up and down the stairs to switch from pre-wash to the regular wash cycle.  Thanks in advance!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: RP: Would this work? (washing CDs)

• Options
    The prewash is there to prevent stains and get any solids out (before you actually start solids and need to plop/spray).  I always go back and forth since my washer doesn't have one setting that will work- sorry!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    The prewash gets any stains out, but more importantly removes the majority of the pee & poop so you're not washing your CDs in waste filled water. A rinse cycle would probably be better than nothing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah I guess it makes sense not to wash my diapers with poopy water.  Don't know why I didn't think of that.  I guess I'll be getting a good workout with all these extra trips up and down the stairs!  Thanks!
  • Options
    yeah i just set it to rinse in cold first.  then later go back and put in detergent and set on the heavy wash cycle in hot.  it sucks when i forget to start the wash cycle, but oh well!!
  • Options
    I do a rinse cycle instead of a prewash, and it's always turned out fine. You NEED to do a rinse cycle or a prewash cycle though-it's necessary with those runny pre-solid poops!
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    We do a prewash where it does two rinses before adding the soap. I think that with some newer washers you can set it up to do this (we got a front loader when we decided to CD). No poopy stains after Cding for nearly ten months!
  • Options

imageWiggleBaby:
    yeah i just set it to rinse in cold first.  then later go back and put in detergent and set on the heavy wash cycle in hot.  it sucks when i forget to start the wash cycle, but oh well!!

This exactly

• Options
    I can`t do any extra cycles (at least not that I have managed to figure out, would be better if the manual was in English along with the Japanese) so I just do a whole complete wash/rinse cycle with cold water and then do another with the hot water and my detergent (I do recycle the bath water, which we soak in not bathe in, so its not quite so un eco friendly)
  • Options
    I don't have a prewash cycle either, so I do a quick wash in cold with no spin (the extra water in the diapers helps with the front loader so there's plenty of water in there), then I do a heavy cycle with "rinse plus".
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"