Multiples
Options

Anyone gain 50+ lbs. before delivering?

I am just curious because I was average weight prepregnancy and I have gained 50 lbs so far! I don't eat perfect, but I am not pigging out all the time either. If you did how long did it take you to lose it if ever?

Re: Anyone gain 50+ lbs. before delivering?

• Options
    janjagjanjag member

i gained 48 by 33w4d.  definitely would've gained over 50, as i was gaining like 4lbs/wk at the end. 

i am still working on the last 7lbs.  but i will admit i haven't been as disciplined as i could in the eating dept.

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm pretty sure I did (I stopped looking toward the end!) ; )

Mine is coming off slowly, but I am breastfeeding and my past history is that I lose the weight much better once I'm done bf'ing.  For some reason my body seems to hang on to weight when I breastfeed, and I despise hearing that bf'ing just "melts" away the weight, because I don't think that's true for everyone!  It's like mine goes into survival mode and is preparing itself for a famine!

~Crystal~ SAHM to Sam (5), Hugh (3), Mary & Grace (22 months) : )
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I gained 60 Embarrassed  I've lost 40-45 and have stalled out.  Now that the weather is nice, I hope to get out and walk more so hopefully that will help.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I gained 63lbs and by 6 weeks pp, all but 5lbs were gone. 15-20lbs was water weight, I had really bad swelling and that was gone by day 6 or so, the rest just melted off. I don't know if it was the pumping or what, but once I stopped pumping at 6 months, those last 5 lbs came off.

I was eating small frequent meals because there just wasn't room for 2 babies+a full stomach and my meals were by no means good for me, but it was all I could keep down.

Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I gained 48 pounds.  I still haven't lost all of it, I'll focus on losing the rest next spring after I wean.
  • Options
    I was at my goal weight pre-pregnancy and gained 54 lbs. I lost 35 lbs the first 2 weeks and would've left the rest a lot faster if our wonderful friends and church hadn't bombarded us with meals, brownies, etc. the first two months! ;)
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    I think I'm on my way - I'm up almost 40 already and I'm only 29 weeks.   I gained just over 30 total with my singleton.    That weight came off easily b/c of breastfeeding, I hope for the same with the twins. 
  • Options

I did with my singleton and about the same with the twins. I lost 35 quickly after DS, then yo-yo'd because I never dieted - just exercised.

We'll see what happens this time. I intend to try much harder! 

• Options
    at my appt yesterday i had gained 50 lbs exactly. We have a scheduled c-section on Wednesday, so hopefully I don't gain too much more before then. And hopefully I'm lucky enough for it to come off quick. Probably not though. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! You made me feel better. Its seems like everyone I hear about on the boards or talked to has only gained 35-45.
  • Options
    I had gained 55lbs. the week before I delivered so I think I was getting close to 60lbs.  I lost the majority of it within 2-3 months and was in my pp clothes by 4 months pp.  I think the stress of the NICU, lack of time to eat, breastfeeding, etc. all helped.

• Options
    I'm glad you posted this.  I'm 35 weeks and I've gained (gulp) 65 lbs. I was fairly average prior to pregnancy.  My doctor has never once said anything about my weight gain.  I'm hoping it comes off as easily as it went on! 
    IVF #3 10/09 BFP! 12dp3dt Beta #1 = 319 14dp3dt Beta #2 = 565 21dp3dt Beta #3 = 10,475! u/s showed twins!! IVF 12/12 BFP! image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I figure if each baby comes out weighing 30 lbs each, I should be back at my pre preg weight :)
    IVF #3 10/09 BFP! 12dp3dt Beta #1 = 319 14dp3dt Beta #2 = 565 21dp3dt Beta #3 = 10,475! u/s showed twins!! IVF 12/12 BFP! image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I gained 50 exactly and lost it all by the time they were less than a month old... thanks breastfeeding!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

only gained 24 by week 29. then put in hospital for 2 weeks and added 12 lbs between week 32 and 36 i was up a total of 71lbs.

EEK!

at appt after 7 days I was down 50lbs and by the next week, i was down BELOW what i was when I got pregnant!  

<3 Mommy to Markhas Aiden 10-4-06 Born at 29 weeks & Spontaneous Twins, Mackayla Grace and Braylon Deion 3-12-10 Born at 36 weeks 1 day <3 <a href="http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e78/sejabernathy/?action=view&current=Untitled.jpg" target="_blank">PhotobucketMY B.L.O.G. Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersa> Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    i gained a little over 60, 10 or more was from swelling due to pre-e/HELLP.  I've lost all of it but, can't fully button my pre-pg pants due to the twin skin, i just started working out a little ...pretty must bf'ing helped me lose all the weight
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I gained 74. Embarrassed In my defense I was on modified bed rest. I just wish I could lose it as easily as it went on.
  • Options
    at my appointment this past monday I'd gained 47 pounds. I had about a 10 lb jump over 2 weeks since my last appointment, which I think is partly due to swelling. Yikes! Doc hasn't said anything though. 
  • Options
    I gained 60. I've lost all but 5 or so. But then I have 15-20 pounds of IVF weight to lose.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I gained 64 lbs and delivered at 32 weeks 2 days.  I still have to lose 25 to get down to my pre pg weight.
  • Options
    i gained 70 Embarrassed but i lost 7 lbs in my first tri and was already pretty thin so i needed to, and was also on modified bedrest the last 2 months. 18 months later I only have 5 lbs to lose.
  • Options
    I'm on my way to gaining 50+ pounds. At my last appointment I was 24 weeks and had already gained 40 pounds. I have an appointment this coming Tuesday so we will see what I weigh at which I will be 28 weeks. At first I was really upset and sad that I have gained so much but both babies are at such great weights that I'm not concerned about my weight gain anymore as long as my babies are doing well. I just hope I can get all the weight off at some point after they are born.
  • Options
    I gained 60lbs with my singleton!  LOL....  I lost 40 of it, therefore I started this pregnancy 20lbs heavier.  I totally ate whatever I want!  This time I am making much smarter choices in my eating and walking a lot more.  My doctor would like me to gain no more than 40lbs this time.    I definitely wouldn't worry about the weight.  Just feed your babies and you'll worry about it after.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"