TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

What does my dr mean?

When I talked to my dr yesterday about AF or the lack there of, she said that if provera doesn't work this time we would have to re-evaluate my plan.  What does she mean?  Is she saying that if I can't cycle at all there is no hope?  Are there any other options besides provera to bring on a cycle?
imageimage
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks

Re: What does my dr mean?

• Options
    damn, no luck with the parsley tea?  i would get a second opinion if my dr told me that.  i'm sorry they said that, it sounds discouraging. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageTexas77again:
    damn, no luck with the parsley tea?  i would get a second opinion if my dr told me that.  i'm sorry they said that, it sounds discouraging. 

Nope.  I tried it for 5 days.  June 1st I'm suppose to start Provera again for 14 days.  I will get a second opinion before giving up.

imageimage
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    what are you on for PCOS?  Do you take metformin?
    DD(9)DD(5.5)DS(3)DS(born 2/1/11) July 2006, lost a baby at 8 weeks, natural miscarriage , May 2009 lost Zoe Eliana at 17 weeks no reason known, possible under developed organs. Lost two more babies in September 2009 at 7 wks 4 days. Had myomectomy surgery to remove a large fibroid in November 2009.
  • Options

I'm sorry, I have no idea.  None.  I just wanted to say I'm sorry this is so long and frustrating for you!!

I have to believe there's something they can do, but I know so little about it.  Did you try the Infertility board?  I wonder if someone there has had the same experience?

• Options

maybe she just meant re-evaluate the provera plan? I swear I've read where a doctor will put someone on birth control and then stop it at a certain time to kind of "Reset" the body. I don't know if you've done that yet or not. 

I can't imagine she'd just give up completely. That doesn't sound right. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • Options

I'm on 1,500 of Metformin for the PCOS.  I quit BC the first part of April and had crazy stuff going on, so she put me on the provera to straighten things out, but it didn't work.

Even with the metformin I will only get AF about 4 times a year and then I will bleed for 2ish months before it's finally over.  So if we're not trying, I'm on bc to keep things sort of normal.

imageimage
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
  • Options

Oh no....I hope the second round of Provera works!!!

I definitely agree in getting a second opinion....definitely. Maybe there is a fertility clinic around there that has a team of doctors or something who could take a look. Maybe with higher volume of patients they have more experience dealing with more difficult cases? That's what I did here in Argentina...got a friend to recommend a really good fertility clinic and I'm pretty much happy with my experience there...although wish my particular doctor was a little more pro-active, but I guess I'm just impatient.

Good luck and I hope you don't have to go that far!!!

Hey universe, bring on AF for Kristy!!!!

• Options
    huh. I'm stumped, but I hope your doc just means that they will re-evaluate continuing to give you provera when it doesn't work for you. It didn't work for me (I only needed to try once) - so I did a round of BCP and my cycle went back to semi-normal. You could ask on the IF board - they are really helpful there too.
    m/c#1 07/16/08 (11 weeks), m/c#2 10/10/08 (8 weeks). and then nothing since except every test possible (no answers). IUI#1 and #2: BFNs Super lucky to be buddies with Peetie. Our out of nowhere, surprise DD born 5/29/2011
  • Options
    I am so sorry.  I wish your doctor would move forward now with a new plan of attack.  It isn't fair that you have to continue like this day after day.  Sending you lots of hugs.
  • Options
    I'm sorry. That's so aggravating!  I wish I had some good advice.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm sorry that I have nothing to offer you in terms of suggestions, but I hope it works this cycle.  And if it doesn't then I hope there is something else she believes will work.  I think the suggestion to put your question on the infertility board was a really good one too. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"