Pre-School and Daycare
Options

POLL: Share your up-coming vacations/trips...

None for us. DH dreads traveling with little ones (he used to be a commerical pilot, so I understand that he's so "over" traveling).

We were going to drive up to my dad's lake house, but a neighbor emailed us pics of a mama black bear and her cubs on our front porch. We don't carry guns when we go up there, although I guess we need to now. Too scary with a young babe. Maybe next year...

Where are you going this summer/year? Any fun plans? Make me jealous, people!

Re: POLL: Share your up-coming vacations/trips...

• Options

Next week we are heading up to Rochester, NY to visit family and go to Toronto for a baseball game.

At the end of August we are going to Ocean City, MD for a week.

The middle of September we are headed to FL...a couple days in Sarasota to visit family, and then to Disney

• Options

a BEAR? yikes!

We have a very exciting year for travel.

In a few weeks, we are going to Sea World in San Antonio for 4 days, a mini summer vacation.

Then in July, we are going back to KS to visit family for the 4th.

In September, Vegas.

THEN....in March, we are going to New Zealand for 2 months. We will spend 2 weeks at the end in Australia. Gonna be awesome! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Next week, DD and I are going to Ohio to visit my family. While there, we're driving to Sesame Place.

Sometime this summer, we'll also be going to San Diego (my hometown) to hit up all the touristy spots and to see my family that still lives there.

In October, I'm hoping to go to my 10 yr college reunion in Michigan, but no plans have been made yet.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

In August we're going to my parent's cottage on a lake for 2.5 weeks.

November?  Kauai.  Will stay in Princeville.  This is a "ladies only" trip.

March?  Probably Morocco.  We'll spend our time mostly in Essaouira.  With a few days in Agadir and Marrakech.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Options
    4Speedy4Speedy member
    We have had to cancel our summer travel plans.  My MIL is elderly and has had a few mini-strokes so she has decided to move from St. Louis to Michigan to be closer to us.  So we will be going back and forth to St. L quite a bit to help her get her house on the market and get her ready for the big move.  I think we will plan to spend some extra time down there this summer so our kids get a chance to see all the touristy things there.
  • Options

Girls' weekend in 2 weeks at Dewey Beach, DE.

Camping on lake over Father's Day weekend

2 weeks at a cottage in the outer banks of North Carolina at the end of June and into July.

1 week camping in Ocean City, Maryland in August.

Then it'll be time to think about school starting again.  Wah!

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    imagekellnbri:

Next week we are heading up to Rochester, NY to visit family and go to Toronto for a baseball game.

At the end of August we are going to Ocean City, MD for a week.

The middle of September we are headed to FL...a couple days in Sarasota to visit family, and then to Disney

Let me know if you want to meet up to go to the zoo or the children's museum when you are in Rochester!  We are always up for both and have nothing planned for next week yet. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

DH and I are going to Baltimore for a long weekend in August.  We go to a different city each year with two other couples in our attempt to visit as many ballparks as possible.

We aren't traveling anywhere with Eva for a few more years!  She has been horrific about sleeping the last few times we've taken her anywhere so we are waiting until she's a little older.  If we go anywhere, it would be to Austin to visit DH's sister. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Florida in August for a little over a week. Otherwise we'll have our own little vacation right here in Chicago! It's been very hot and we're enjoying our pool for the first time a while. Last summer was cold.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (JBoF)
  • Options
    We are going camping for 3 days next weekend. In July, DH and I are going to San Francisco to visit my brother. The last week in July we're going camping for a week with my entire family.
    IMG_5889 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageKUJayhawkBride:

THEN....in March, we are going to New Zealand for 2 months. We will spend 2 weeks at the end in Australia. Gonna be awesome! 

I am so jealous of you right now I can't even see straight.  My DREAM vacay!

No plans for us.  we did our cruise last month.  but just gearing up for DD2 and SAH.  Trying to conserve the $$$!

• Options
    We are heading up to the Garlic Festival in Gilroy, CA. We are surprising my mom for her 45th b-day since she has always wanted to go.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Tonya_GTonya_G member

We're going to Myrtle Beach the 8th through the 11th. I'm pretty excited- I haven't been to the beach in 9 years, since I left college. I miss it- I'm a water person.

We're also planning on going camping the week after that. Which reminds me, I need to book the campsite.

• Options

For a week in the middle of June, we are going to IL to see DH's parents (woohoo Wink ) We want to visit the Brookfield Zoo while we are there...we are big zoo people and want to take the kids to as many as we can.

Then, four days after we get home from that, me and the kids are flying to CA to see my dad. We will be there for 11 days! We will be visiting the beach and the Santa Barbara zoo. Can't wait!!! It's been three years since I've been out there and this will be Rory's first time on an airplane

Other than that, we'll just hang at home going to parks and the local zoo and maybe children's museum. I would love to go camping with the kids but we'll see how money is.

• Options

Headed home to WV for the 4th of July, family reunion! 

August - a week in Canaan Valley WV, beautiful!  

October - a week in Hilton Head!  I am super excited but dreading the drive with the little ones.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nothing to exciting here.  A Staycation at the end of June, my whole family is coming to town and we'll do lots of things in town and some short day trips.  Duluth, MN for 4th of July and a long weekend or week to MI to see my parents at the end of the summer.  We'll do lots of day trips and a weekend camping trip but nothing that has been planned.  Flying with the kids is actually not bad if you plan it all out and bring enough toys and snacks.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"