Birth Stories
Options

Induction/Epi/C-Section Birth Story! (Long) PsIP

I went in Monday, May 24th for my scheduled induction as I was 4 days overdue. I got checked in and I was 3cm dilated and about 80% effaced. They broke my water around 1:45pm and it was clear, no signs of meconium. For the next two hours, DH and I walked the halls and I had minor contractions. They started me on pitocin at 3:45 and contractions started almost immediately! I labored for the next five hours on my labor ball, standing, squatting and leaning over the bed. The pain was so intense that I had to yell through majority of the contractions. Trying to describe the contractions is hard - I just knew that it was the worst pain that I have ever felt and I wanted it to stop!

After 5 hours of labor (nearly 9pm), I was checked and had made it to 6cm and 100% effaced! I decided to get the epidural and it was the best decision ever. My anesthesiologist was amazing and after the numbing shot (a little prick!) I felt nothing at all! I took a 2.5 hour nap and when I woke up I was 9.5 cm!! I was still numb but was feeling constant pressure in my rectum area. I started pushing around 12:45 once I reached 10cm. Babies head was at +1 station when I started pushing and 2 1/2 hours later his head was still there. I was exhausted from pushing and all of the different positions we had tried (squatting, using a pushing bar, side lying, etc.). The doctor said that his head was so far up we couldn't even try the vacuum so c-section was my only option at that point and I reluctantly agreed. I was awake during the c-section and I just felt a bunch of tugging, pulling and pressure in my chest area and he came out screaming!

Carter James was delivered at 4:04 am weighing 8lbs 4 oz and 20 inches long! They did determine that his head wouldn't have fit past my pubic bone since it was so big! I am recovering well and having minor pain from the surgery. Breastfeeding is going OK, he has a great latch and suck but I am not producing enough for him yet so we currently are supplementing about 15-20 ml of formula after each feeding until my milk comes in. Here are a few pics of my handsome guy:

BabyFruit Ticker
Carter 5.25.10   Charlotte 2.6.12   Baby#3 5.17.15

Re: Induction/Epi/C-Section Birth Story! (Long) PsIP

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"