Multiples

Chicago OBs?

I just got back from my first OB appointment, and I don't think the doc and I are the greatest fit.  I'm thinking of going to a couple of different doctors to see if I can find someone who would work out better.  If you liked your OB, would you mind giving me his/her name?  I've got a lot of research to do, but a personal recommendation always means a lot!  I live and work on the north shore, so I'm trying to stick with that area.  Thanks in advance!!

Re: Chicago OBs?

• Not sure how far north, north shore you are willing to go.  I go to Lake Forest OBGYNE and love the practice.  Dr. Oh delivered my DD, but I like them all.
  • Hi!  Not exactly North Shore, but a bit west - we saw Dr. Pesch at Lutheran General in Park Ridge (after transferring from Dr. Goldberg at Evanston Hospital), and we LOVED him.  I had a really difficult 3rd tri - was on strict bedrest for 10 weeks, in and out of the hospital with three one week stays, steroid shots, on nifedipine to stop contractions, Baby B having heart decelerations, and pre-eclampsia....all of which led to an emergency c-section at 36w6d - I am convinced that we wouldn't have two healthy babies if it weren't for Dr. Pesch and his group - they were great, and he made us feel so comfortable and confident in our care.

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • I also liked Lake Forest OB/GYN - specifically I saw Dr. Holden but all the docs in the practice are good. (I only used them for routine appointments, not OB care)  I had to switch insurance 2 years ago and now I see Dr. Lamar Tyler out of the North Shore University group.  He has office hours in Deerfield, highland park, and vernon hills.  I have been super happy with my OB care from him.  I love that I can make all my appointments on line, my test results are on-line, and I can email him questions and Dr. Tyler will either email or call me back right away.  Plus, he is a twin so I thought that was a bonus for me and my twin pregnancy :)  
    IVF #3 10/09 BFP! 12dp3dt Beta #1 = 319 14dp3dt Beta #2 = 565 21dp3dt Beta #3 = 10,475! u/s showed twins!! IVF 12/12 BFP! image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I love my OB, Dr. Dana Russo.. She has priviledges to Advocate Lutheran General Hospital but I see her in her Glenview office (across from Abt). She also works incredibly well with the MFM practice out of Lutheran- Parkside. I've only been to the MFM twice, so I don't have a strong opinion yet, but I've heard they are great docs. Lutheran has a Level I ER and a Level III Nursery.
  • I delivered my twins at Lake Forest OBGYN.  My doc was Dr. OH  and I loved her!!!!  She didn't deliver my twins though, Dr. Holden did, and she was great!  I felt very comfortable there, and the ultrasound tech Sandy is very sweet.  Overall, it was a great experience. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"