Parenting after 35
Options

*Peppernut*

I saw the post about the crunchy green granola dipes. We use cloth - so I never really fully investigated it, but I know our Whole foods carries diapers that don't have bleach and chemicals. I would imagine you could compost (at least the pee only) diapers in a cold compost. I used to know someone who composted both in a hot composter, but I am not that secure in my composting skills. I can check it out next time I am there, if you want.

You could also use G-diapers or Flip system (or the like) which have a reusable shell (diaper cover) with your choice of compostable or cloth insert.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: *Peppernut*

• Options

I'm thinking gDipes.  They make cloth inserts for 'em now, so there are options!

We didn't go cloth before because our washer stinks, but if/when we move we will get a better one so we can re-evaluate.

What's the Flip thing? 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    imagePeppernut:

What's the Flip thing? 

Similiar to the G-diapers, but made by BumGenius and they have snaps (no velcro - which catch in laundry, curl and curious kids can undo). I know they have the cloth inserts and I am pretty sure they have a disposable insert too as an option. They are more highly recommended/liked by the girls on the EFF board.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hm!  Good info, I'll look into those!  Thankies!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"