Two Under 2
Options

My first day on my own 2morow = YIKES

I've been so fortunate as to have my SIL here for the past almost 3wks and today is her last day here :( On one hand I'm kind of pumped to get my "real" routine down, to learn what I need to so that I can be self-sufficient with my two kiddos. I know I felt extremely proud doing that right away with my DD back then (DH went back to work when she was 3days old and we have no family around here usually).

But my goodness the anticipation, the doomsday thinking, the "how the holy heck am I going to xyz" anxiety lol.

I swear tomorrow my goal will be 1)Ensure all three of us are alive by the end of the day and 2) If at all possible, make sure all three of us have eaten enough and have clean tushies! and anything over and above that is icing.

(yes, i realize i'm not really 2u2....anymore.....but i'm purty darn close so if you have any words of commiseration or advice i'd love ya forever!!! :)  )

Re: My first day on my own 2morow = YIKES

• Options
    You'll be great!  It's REALLY not as hard (most of the time) as you're expecting it will be.  Just lower your expectations, which it sounds like you've done with the alive/eaten/clean butts thing, and roll with the punches.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I agree with PP.  I thought it was going to be impossible but it's not too bad (although I haven't actually gone "out" with both of them).  But staying home isn't bad at all.  DS sleeps so I get to spend quality time with DD. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You'll do awesome, and I'm sure everyone would be glad to hear how it goes. I'm also sure you're still welcome around here though you're a little past 2u2.

Love the clean tushies part!

• Options

My husband had the first 2 weeks off and then my mom stayed with me all this week.  She is leaving today and my DH is off for the weekend and Monday for the holiday.  Tuesday is our first day, just the 3 of us.  I am scared to death!

BTW I think our LO's are about the same about of time apart.  I am also not 2U2 anymore.  I was only for 8 or 9 days!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It's really not that bad. DH had 10 days off and I was so nervous to be on my own. Some days it's all about survival, some days I'm able to be supermom/superwife. Like pp said, you really just have to roll with the punches. I even made my first trip out alone with both kids today (to the grocery store...on a holiday weekend, no less!) and it wasn't bad at all!
  • Options
    imageGabbysMama:

My husband had the first 2 weeks off and then my mom stayed with me all this week.  She is leaving today and my DH is off for the weekend and Monday for the holiday.  Tuesday is our first day, just the 3 of us.  I am scared to death!

BTW I think our LO's are about the same about of time apart.  I am also not 2U2 anymore.  I was only for 8 or 9 days!

Yup, our LOs are pretty close in ages! I was 2u2 for 5 whole days lol.

I'm so glad you and I had some pretty lengthy help but geesh it sure is a reality check when they leave! It's still better to have had help in the very beginning when on top of just all the normal adjustment to a newborn stuff, we are also recuperating from the actual birth, too.

And so far we've done great! I decided it would've been more daunting to stay home all day so we went to a kite field for a couple hours (and the drive there and back takes almost 45mins each way in this traffic). Both kiddos are so quiet/happy in the car so that was a sneaky way to make it thru an adt'l 1.5hrs lol. And at the park, I popped DS in the Ergo (man, nursing in that thing is a tricky tricky thing!) and walked around with DD picking flowers and looking at kites in the sky. Also, DH (who works there) was able to take 20mins and actually run around with DD.  

Asside from DD tripping and landing a top front tooth into her bottom lip (ouchie!!).......which never even swelled up thanx to one of those freezer packs you put in coolers......and then deciding to launch herself into the stroller so fast it tipped backwards (was completely fine but scared the living sh!t out of me) everything was pretty good. I got emotionally worn out from the two accidents and having to readjust DS in the Ergo every 2 minutes so he could eat comfortably so we left lol.

Now I get to experience my first "2u2" dinner/bath/bedtime thing...............        :::shivers::::

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"