Upstate NY Babies
Options

Who is this man and where is my husband?

Seriously, who is this man!  My DH has been totally out of himself this week.  He is generally rather detached and kind of bland, it is how he always has been and what I am used to.  Does little to nothing for birthdays, anniversaries, etc.  He often says, "It is just another day".  Even when Ty was born, my birthday was 8 days later and he didn't even do anything for me for dinner, not even a bag of fast food, just expected dinner on the table when he got home like any other day.  Any time I have gotten him sentamental gifts, he says thanks an never even looks at them again.  I gave him a mug with Ty on it for his first father's day, it just sits in the back of the top shelf in the kitchen collecting dust.

But this week, he has really outdone himself.  Monday was my b-day.  He called and told me not to make dinner.  He brought me home dinner from Wegmans (he doesn't shop or cook), an ice cream cake and a Day Spa GC!  Today is our 5 year anniversary, last night  he told me that he lined up a sitter for this evening and wants to take me downtown for a fancy dinner.  After he went to work, I went upstairs to the master bath to take a shower and there was a note taped to the mirror.  It was this extremely heart felt letter to me about how much he loves me, how I complete him, how what a wonderful mother I am... etc. etc.  I cried so hard it took me ten minutes to read five paragraphs.  This is TOTALLY out of his comfort zone! 

Now I feel horrible because I didn't do anything or even really buy him anything for our anniversary.  I bought him a tool that he already has because I told Ty it was a surprize for Daddy and he gave it to him when he got home that day, lol.  And since he never seems to appreciate anything, I stopped doing things for him on special days so I have nothing for him.  Ideas?  I don't have much $ or time, it is so hard to do anything that takes more than 10 minutes with the kids.

Re: Who is this man and where is my husband?

• Options

Well, I do know of something that is free that ALL men would love to get. ; )

Other than that - it's hard to tell without knowing him. I gave DH some granola for our anniversary. Ha! I had to special order it b/c they don't supply it around here any more.

That was really cute of him, though!! Let him know how much you appreciate it so he keeps it up!

• Options

Aww!!! how awesome is that? He's probably not doing this to get anything back for it - I'd just make a HUGE deal about how much it means to you & dress up extra nice for tonight!

Have fun!!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes, I say make sure you totally fawn over the fact he is doing such nice things, praise him tons... dress up really nice for dinner and that "free" thing Telyco is talking about would probably be the best gift for him :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    wendyjwendyj member
    That's so sweet of him! I don't know what I'd do about the gift. I guess be honest with him - his behavior took you off guard, so you didn't really have anything, so you'll make it up to him. Or, you could get him a cute card with some "presents" inside - like Telyco said, there is a gift that doesn't cost anything that I'm sure he'll love Wink
  • Options

WOW! That's really great! Maybe he really is realizing how much you do for him and the kids!  

I don't have any suggestions for something for him.. I didnt' get DH anything for our anniversary this year either. whoops. 

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"