Blended Families
Options

F/U to "Newbie Here - Advice Wanted" (Canada Travel)

So, in my email to BM on Tuesday morning I asked her to please fax me the note by the end of the workday Thursday since we were leaving on our trip Friday morning.

Late this afternoon, I get an email from BM saying that she will send me the fax, but she spoke with "a cruise line employee" who said that the note was really unnecessary since SS would be traveling with a parent and had a passport.  

BM knows what cruise line we are going on because I gave her our itinerary and emergency contact numbers during the cruise in my original email.  I strongly suspect that she called her nephew who works for Royal Caribbean (not our cruise line) in their IT department (an obvious expert on Canadian immigration rules--lol).

In her note (although I basically spelled out what needed to be included based on information from some "travel to Canada" website) she wrote it word-for-word except she left out DH's and my names replacing them with "SS has my permission to travel to Canada on vacation."  I guess writing our names is asking too much, oh well.

Regardless, I'm thankful she sent the note.  So is SS.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: F/U to "Newbie Here - Advice Wanted" (Canada Travel)

• Options
    I'm glad she sent it over, but honestly Canada doesn't seem to care. At least in my experience, I've brought the step-kids and my nephew over multiple times w/ out any ID or note or anything. I live about 2 miles from the border, if you are flying though they might be more strict? 
  • Options

The cruise is rt out of Seattle, but two of the excursions we're taking go into Canada and the cruiseline we are on recommended checking Canadian regs if we were going with minor children without both parents.  One is a train out of Skagway which crosses into the Yukon and one is the ship docking in Victoria.

I REALLY think we'll be fine, but I didn't want to take any chances and I didn't want to have to lie.

I'm glad she sent the letter too...I just wish she would understand that we're only trying to avoid the small chance that someone even asks and we don't have the recommended information, not trying to inconvenience her. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"