New York Babies
Options

nauseated on the subway

I have a pretty long daily commute to work (about an hour) and I've been feeling nauseated in the mornings, and I'm so afraid I am going to throw up on the subway. It's often the smells (other people's cologne and BO among them) that set off the nausea. I'm so afraid I am going to throw up on the train. Has this happened to anyone? I am half-jokingly thinking of getting a pin made that says "I'm pregnant and nauseated. I APOLOGIZE if I barf on you."

Re: nauseated on the subway

• Options

Oh no! I'm sorry about your predicament, I can't say I barfed on the subway but I DID barf in a trash can on the street in my 1st trimester.. I must have looked like a drunk idiot lol.. but, really what can you do? 

I have recently been hearing about a bracelet you can wear to combat nausea (just read about Gwen Stefani wearing one so rumor is she's pg too :) I haven't tried but it might help? Good luck!

https://www.morningsicknesshelp.com/biobands.html

• Options
    sewolffsewolff member

I always made sure to carry a plastic bag with me, just in case.  Never had to use it thank goodness. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    sewolffsewolff member

I always made sure to carry a plastic bag with me, just in case.  Never had to use it thank goodness. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've already been wearing the bracelet (which seems to help a little) and carrying an extra plastic baggie. :)

I actually once did throw up on the subway many years ago - not from being pregnant or drunk, I had the flu and it just came on all of the sudden - I was mortified, and I will never forget it as long as I live. Since it has actually happened to me before I guess I feel like it's a realistic concern. I would prefer not to have it happen again, lol!! I guess if it happens, I will survive, just like I survived throwing up on the train years ago and lived to tell the tale...

• Options
    Once before I got pregnant I felt really sick on the subway, I was able to hold it to the following station and then I got out of the train and vomited on a trash can in the platform, people were looking at me but not really caring, they continue their business as usual, then got myself together and got back in the following train to continue my trip, by that time I was feeling 1000% better so I made it ok. My recommend is that if you feel so bad get out to the platform, feel better then go back in the train.
  • Options
    I have felt sick before on the train but haven't thrown up.  I saw a woman throw up in a plastic bag this morning, I felt horrible for her!

Mom to 3 wonderful girls:
    Eva, born on 1/2/11
    Celia and Lily, born on 5/17/13
  • Options
    Oh man.  I went through a bizarre two week period (after DH ordered Chinese food) where EVERYONE smelled like old Chinese food.  Especially on subways.  it got better though!
  • Options

put a gallon ziploc bag lined inside of a lunch paperbag -- people won't see when you toss your cookies and you can zip it up to stop the smell until you can throw it out.  for me, the express bus ride from SI to midtown was hell.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"