Postpartum Depression

Introducing myself, upset that I'm on this board

I've suffered with depression since I was 11 so it's really no surprise that I'm over here two and a half weeks after having DS.  I'm just bummed.  I started feeling really depressed over the Christmas holidays, (normal for me,) so I went on Wellbutrin.  I'll be the first to admit I've been terrible about taking my medication and I'm currently working on taking it daily.  I felt so great after having DS this just kind of snuck up out of the blue.  Of course marriage/financial stress don't make the situation better.  My current symptoms are: no appetite, wanting to numb out my physical, (and emotional,) pain, exhausted, cry easily and feel really worthless, guilt for the fact that at night for the past week I've made no efforts to get up with DS during the night, (DH does, we have to FF due to my medical problems.)  I'm just coming off 23 weeks of bedrest, a high risk pregnancy, and I just want to be back to normal.  At this point in time I've told my husband, but nobody else.  I have an appointment with my Dr in three weeks, but plan on calling him earlier if I feel as though I'm slipping.  I'm so clingy with DH, I just want him to lay in bed and hold me.  That's not normal.  Does anyone else have similar experiences?  It all seemed to get a bit worse yesterday when DH went back to work and I got the news that my friend who was suppose to arrive today, (from out of town,) canceled and postponed for two weeks.  I don't always do well with change. 

Positive thought of the day, I'm really glad to have the internet and people to contact when I don't really feel like talking to anyone.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Introducing myself, upset that I'm on this board

• Gina418Gina418 member

I can relate - I actually asked my husband to come home from work early the first day he went back! I didn't want to be alone, I didn't want to wake up with ds, I didn't want to do anything really. I called my doc right away - sae a therapist right away. I was on meds too (Lexapro). The combination of therapy and meds helped immensely. 

Call your doc tomorrow - the sooner you get help, the sooner you'll feel better. 

GL!

• hi there, as you can see, you're in good company!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"