Houston Babies
Options

Organizing for a boy...

If I was having a little girl I think I would have TONS of hangers for little dresses and so forth.  But I am not......soooooooooooo how much closet space do I *really* need?? What do you hang up? (Personally I hang everything except underwear!)

Is there an order you like to keep your drawers in? I have a chest of stacked drawers (6 total) - what should be in the top? middle? bottom? (Yes I am being OCD about this...I admit it! But I am starting to wash things that I know we will use, need, etc. and need ideas on what is working for other mommies of boys.)

THANK YOU!

Re: Organizing for a boy...

• Options

Honestly I am still not very organzied. DS is still in our room, but we plan to move him soon, since his room is on a different floor from ours. I have everything hanging in the closet by age unless there was a certain brand (like Gerber) that run small. Then I put them where I think they should go.

I out all of the clothes he is using at the time in the top drawer. We have a constant rotation of clothes from the drawer, on the baby, in the laundry. I guess we just don't have a lot of outfits. Having them in the drawer just makes it wasier for my to grab something and get him dressed. The other drawers I use for burp cloths, we go through a ton, sheets, blankets, etc.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Options
    everything is just folded in their drawers.  The closets are for storage. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ZAngelZAngel member
    I hang up as much as I can.  The clothing size dividers I made really help to get at the right sizes quickly.  I think it is easier than trying to search through items in a drawer.  I do have some of the items I can't hang up lined up by size in the dresser.  I also have towels, burp cloths, blankets, socks and bibs stored in the dresser.
    BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I hang most things...it makes it easier for me to see what he has.  He has a 6-drawer dresser so in that this is how I keep it:

Top left is current PJs

Top right is socks, thermometer, nail clippers, wipes, and all sorts of little things (I have a drawer organizer)

Middle right is the current size onesies (doesn't wear these much anymore) and some shorts and pants

Bottom right is the next size up for onesies, casual bottoms

Middle left is the next size up in PJs

Bottom left is all of his swimsuits (the boy has a lot!)

This method worked well when he was really young b/c I was given a ton of hand me downs from both sisters that had boys and a good friend.  As he gets older I find it doesn't work as well and I just use the closet and hang almost everything.  I hang them in the closet by the size too so that it is easy to rotate out the stuff he has outgrown. We have an armoire that I keep towels/sheets in.

• Options

We rely on the dresser for shorts (pants), socks, t-shirts, and underwear. Coats and old clothes are in the closet - his closet is storage for the most part. 

• Options
    imagelilycat:

We rely on the dresser for shorts (pants), socks, t-shirts, and underwear. Coats and old clothes are in the closet - his closet is storage for the most part. 

This. Except I do hang up the handful of collared shirts he has and any dressy pants. We also hang up all new clothes in the next sizes until he is ready for them. His dresser has always been organized with a drawer for onesies/t-shirts, a drawer for pjs, and a drawer for pants/shorts. There's a cabinet on one side of the dresser where I keep the socks in a little basket, along with winter hats, belts, etc.

• Options

I don't have a boy but I do tend to be OCD about organizing stuff (how long it lasts it another question). At first, I hang up everything using dividers based on size. Once in a current size (we're in 0-3 right now), I wash them and put onesies and pants in one drawer and sleepers in another. Everything else gets hung up. I hang up all her cute, going out outfits for sure.

I also got something like this for her sock drawer (tiny socks can get lost otherwise) and put 2-3 pairs in each little cubby. I also put her newborn caps and mittens in there until we didn't need them anymore.

We use her dresser as a changing table so the top right drawer (right under the pad) holds her diaper and the one next to it has the socks. Then the next two have sleepers and next to it onesies. The bottom ones have swaddles and sleep sacks in one and extra sheets, changing pad covers, boppy covers, etc in it.

Here is a picture of her closet where I use the bins in the shelf unit for blankets, burp cloths, more swaddlers, towels, wash cloths and the bins up top for shoes, toys, health stuff, and extra wipes:

• Options

I like to hang things that are outfits (I have hangers with pants clips) which are only really worn together. I also hang hoodies, jackets and collared shirts.

truitt has a pretty large dresser so it holds a lot- he has a drawer for shorts and another for pants and another for l/s shirts and another for s/s shirts and one for pajamas and one for socks and underwear, plus 4 more small drawers for misc stuff like nighttime pullups...

mathis has a 4 drawer dresser. top is onsies, pajamas and socks. next is shirts, next is bottoms, last is kind of a hodge podge of seasonal- hats, swimsuits, rash guards, or other random accessories.

i also always hang clothes that are next season or pre-buys that are currently too big to wear.

Basically, I use both spaces pretty equally.  

• Options

Hung up in closet - backpack, clothes that do not fit him yet.

Dresser:

top drawer - socks, shoes, bathing suits, misc (q-tips, aspirator, etc)

middle drawer - shorts/pants, shirts

bottom drawer - sheets, pajamas

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm not as organized as I'd like to be, but here is what I do.

I hang outifts and "nice" onesies that go with outfits.

I put a bookshelf that was mine as a kid in his closet and have baskets for: socks, (2) toys, medicine type stuff, bibs/hats & burb cloths.  I use the other shelves for books & blankets.  On top of it I put his shoes. 

On the top shelf in the closet I stack diapers & extra wipes, and extra crap.

He has 6 dresser drawers.  The top two are for currently used onesies (the packs of Gerber & Carters ones) and currently used PJs.

I used one of the seconds ones for currently used bottoms - pants & shorts. 

I use one for sheets & crib protector things.

The extra two are for the next size up in onesies & pjs, shorts, etc. 

I thought I'd have a lot of extra room in his room...but I filled it up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"