Alabama Babies
Options

Carseat transition

Well I have been out and trying to catch up on posts from the last week. Seems like a lot has been going on including drama, but I digress. So I saw ya'll talking about buying carseats...when did you transition to a larger seat? My DD is 21 lbs and not sure of height at the moment, but not tall and she is still in her Graco Snugride 32 pumpkin seat.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Carseat transition

• Options
    I didn't transition Avery until she was 16 months old but that was because she out grew the 32" height mark and she was over the 20 lbs (barely - 21).  We didn't have a convertible RF seat so I moved her to a FF seat. 
  • Options

But the rules are 20 lbs AND 1 year  to go front facing so if you're moving her into a convertible (rear facing) seat, you could do it now, but if you wanted to go front facing you have to wait another month at least :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We changed to a convertible seat at 6 months. I think he enjoys the extra room. We plan to remain rear-facing for a while.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We switched to a convertible seat at about 10 months.  We had the snugride, but she was just looking uncomfortable in it....we couldn't raise the straps any higher.
  • Options
    We are in the process of changing now.  Going to buy the car seat this weekend.  Aubrey is within an inch of outgrowing the snugride (she's a long baby) but she isn't near the weight limit.  I just think she is so uncomfy in her infant seat now because she fusses after being in it for about 20 minutes.  We are planning on keeping her rear facing past her first b'day though, although not sure for how long. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"