Snarky and T-TTC
Options

So 9:00 = 3:00?

Ok - mini vent.  I have not had the best of luck at ALL with some contractors recently and I need to vent.  So here has been our "fun" as of late:

Need a contractor to work on our bathroom. 
- Get a recommendation, comes highly recommended, leave them a message.  Nothing.  Call again, nothing.  OK - fine.

- Call a 2nd person - they stop by, sounds positive, said they'll get an estimate to us in a couple days, nothing.  Call back, nothing.  Call back, nothing still.  We are calling a 3rd person.

Need a plumber.
- Plumber #1:  Repeat of contractor scenario #1 above.

- Call a 2nd person, they come to take a look, make an appt for last Wednesday morning to make the actual fixes.

- Wednesday comes - he never shows up.  No phone call even.

- Call and leave a message, nothing.  Call again - his reply? - oh wow, I completely forgot aboiut you, didn't I?!  whoops.

- Make an appt for today, he tells me to call him the night before to REMIND HIM.  wtf? 

- Call last night, says will be here at 9:00 this morning.  Finally shows up at 3:00 after a few phone calls were made.  Again, wtf.

And the kicker?  He doesn't have all the parts to do the jobs and says will come back afternoon after DH gets home to finish.

------------------------------------------------- 

Anyone want to take bets on whether he shows up?  And anyone want a contractor or plumbing job?!  lol

I just don't get it - do they not care?   I could never get away with that stuff.  Do they not want our money?  Ugh. OK - vent over.

My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: So 9:00 = 3:00?

• Options
    OK, that got long.  Sorry.  But I do feel better.  ;-)
    My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    shotzieshotzie member
    Ugh, that is really frustrating! If you lived in CO, I'd send my brother your way. He's a master plumber and owns his own company. He doesn't pull crap like that. I don't know how they get away with it, especially in this economy. You'd think they'd take any work they could get.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That sucks!  I'm sorry you have been given the run around by those people.  My H and I have had a similar problem trying to get a landscaper to come do a spring clean up on our lawn...we've given up.  I hope the plumber comes through!
    TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That is so frustrating! You would think people would want the work, especially in these rough economic times. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • Options
    stayceestaycee member
    seriously unacceptable.
    TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"