Preemies

Pregnant (And TTC) After Preemie Check-in!

Pregnant After Preemie (&TTC) Check in

Welcome to the check in group for Pregnant After Preemie!  This group is also for those who are actively trying to conceive, planning on it, or just thinking about it...

So, list your 1st name, due date if you're pregnant or ttcing timeline, preemie's name and gestational age at birth as well as the reason for their prematurity.

Each Tuesday/Wednesday I'll post the check in with status updates and questions of the week.  If you have any suggestions for questions of the week or anything else, please let me know!

Pregnant:

tothemoon2, Kristina, DD 32 weeks, low amniotic fluid, due June 28th

purplepuggles, Joan, DS Jack, 27 weeks placental abruption, due June 30

jennigator3, Jennifer, DS Nathan 33 weeks due to pre-e, due July 2

sabloja,  DS Hayden 30 weeks, pPROM, due July 20

Denesdia, Diane, DD Zoey 25 weeks PTL, due August 13

FaithRocks, Kelly, DS Trig 32 weeks, pre-e, ptl, placental abruption, due September 7

sleepyocean, Jamie, DS Jake, 29 weeks pre-e, Due September 8

everlove, Jana, DS Andrew 34 weeks, PROM, due September 15

ShanaNChris, Shana, DD Lily 31 weeks pre-e/HELLP, due September 26

Mama2MyBabies, Tatiana,DD Kiley 31 weeks car accident started labor, DS Caleb 35w, placental abruption after major pregnancy complications, due with twins Oct 10, but having a c-section late September

ChristineS0820, Christine, DS Tristen, 35 weeks, PTL, Due October 17

cherylgray87, Cheryl, DS ?, due October 31

Sweets2005, Katie, DD and DS 32 weeks, placenta previa/bleeding due November 1

FutureMrsCuoghi, Maria, DD Katie & angel baby Jack 27w due to Jack's severe IUGR, very low fluid, & pre-e, due November 12

FiremansWife2009baby, Leila, DS Logan, 35 weeks due to pre-e, due November 29

pigtails1031, Melanie DD 34 weeks Preterm labor, Due January 12

Tierelieber, DD Charden 30 weeks due to pre-e/HELLP, due January 24

Heather1979, Heather, DD Olivia 34 weeks due to pPROM/pre-e, due January 28

TTCing:

MrsDeLaVara, Emily, DD Chelsea 27 weeks pPROM

heer4u, Sharon, DD Sophie 27 weeks PTL

njkaren, Karen, DS Brandon 26 weeks fetal distress due to twin's loss

kcswifey, Sara, DS Logan 28 weeks, unexplained PTL

SkypekWithoutAC, Shannon, DD Ellie, 33 weeks PPROM

Beccaboo0713, Becca, DS Jacob, 35 weeks fetal distress

mrsfriend, Dawn Marie, DS Parker 34 weeks PPROM

kamcfarlane, Kate, DS Ryan 32 weeks, placenta previa

PDXGal7868, Haley, DS Cole, 34 weeks, unexplained PTL

sweetpea18, Sara, dd Reese, born at 34 weeks due to pre-e

lemen99, Kathy, DS Andrew 26 weeks IC

TriciaJoy, Trish, DS Robbie 26 weeks pre-e/HELLP

Thinking about/Planning on TTCing:

ijack, Ivory, DD Emma 29 weeks placental abruption, ttc in June

mek10976, Megan, DS Simon, 32 weeks pre-e/PROM, ttcing June-ish

magdalina.h, Maggie, angel baby Aidan 28 1/2 weeks, cord failed and stroke in utero, TTC in July

erikaja6, Erika, DS Jordan 33 weeks IC, ttc in August 

BartsGirl, Alison, DS Benjamin 34 weeks PROM, ttc in the fall

SWMcFarland, DD Lily, born at 34 weeks due to HELPP, ttcing at end of year...or the summer:)

*Sweet Pea*, Jamie, DD Skylar, 29 weeks pre-e/HELLP, ttcing end of year?

goblue, Kristin, DS Jake, 27 weeks pPROM, maybe ttcing late 2010

Clotho!, Janet, DS Robbie 34 weeks pre-e & DS Simon 34 weeks pih and ptl, debating between adoption and ttcing in Spring 2011

Mommies (again)!

LUCKY41010, Heather, DS Cooper, 33 weeks, IUGR, Baby #2 Carter

RRHsMom,  DS Ryan 35-36 weeks, DD Meghan Madonna

MWiley0225, DS Caleb 34 weeks, DS 27 weeks due to unknown except for multiple high risk complications, DD Hailey

BrainySmurfette, Melissa, DD Katie 34 weeks, pre-e/HELLP, DD #2 Elizabeth

msalinardi, Margot, DD Angelina, 26 weeks pre-e, DS Vincent

Aidge , DS Sam, DS #2 Ben

Kaytee1206, Katie, DD Kendall, 34 weeks PROM, DS Konnor

mhop, Martha, DD Campbell 27 weeks,  pre-e, DD Maggie

-----------------------

News: Congrats to Martha on her beautiful new baby, Maggie!

QOTW:  Sorry, ladies, I suck at coming up with questions :-P Can you help me out a little? Give me a question to ask in the future and I'll add it to my list! Thanks!

Updates: Please let us know how you're doing!

Re: Pregnant (And TTC) After Preemie Check-in!

• Also, does anyone know if Mama2MyBabies changed her username? I'm trying to update everyone, but it looks like that account has been deleted.
  • Hi! I can't think of any questions right now, but I have this unsettling urge to get things done. NOW. I am seriously trying to hold off on ordering a crib, packing the hospital bag, getting the nursery cleaned out, etc.

I am coping with this urge by doing the subtle things that will help get the house in order for #2. (That way DH won't think I'm crazy). So far I've organized 7/20 shelves of books that are currently in that room. Some are keepers, others I will sell, etc. I've also built (erm, Dh built) a new shelving system for the living room to help with clutter downstairs. I can't wait until it's bolted to the wall and I can start to organize the stuff.

• Loading the player...
  • no questions from me. Smile

just entering the 2ww. i'm not sure what's worse, waiting to see if i'm going to ovulate on my own (3x in a row!) or waiting to find out if i'm going to have a long enough luteal phase or waiting to see if i'm pregnant.

• imageSkypekWithoutAC:
    Also, does anyone know if Mama2MyBabies changed her username? I'm trying to update everyone, but it looks like that account has been deleted.

She was a BSC faker! A phony, not even pregnant. Her account was deleted by the Nest Gods last week. 

• imageMrs. Destructo:

imageSkypekWithoutAC:
    Also, does anyone know if Mama2MyBabies changed her username? I'm trying to update everyone, but it looks like that account has been deleted.

She was a BSC faker! A phony, not even pregnant. Her account was deleted by the Nest Gods last week. 

Seriously??? How the heck did I miss that???

And if no one can come up with TTC/pg/preemie questions, I'm just going to start asking random shiit lol 

• imageSkypekWithoutAC:
    imageMrs. Destructo:

imageSkypekWithoutAC:

And if no one can come up with TTC/pg/preemie questions, I'm just going to start asking random shiit lol 

Because she was posting her BSC nonsense on the photography board, and those ladies figured out she was making stuff up. It's actually kinda scary - she really seems to suffer from Munchhausen syndrome, making up all kinds of crazy drama to get attention.

• I'm all for random shiit! LOL

You don't have to ask a question, we can just update! Questions are hard because everyone is at different stages.

Not much new here. I'm 16w3d and had my 4 month OB appt today. Everything is fine and the c-section is scheduled for October 26th! She said they do it at 39 weeks but that is just over 38 weeks. I would like it pushed back but for some reason she is stuck on that so whatever. That date is only 5 days after what my due date would have been last year with the twins!

Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• 29 weeks tomorrow!  Feeling huge, still on bed rest.  No drama, just cookin' little Ben.  Zoey has 3 teeth.  Lots to celebrate!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My period just ended (thank you provera!)  The dr increased my metformin to 1500mg and I'm praying that I actually ovulate. 

Anyone wanna give me a swift kick in the ovaries?!?!? Big Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesweetpea18:

My period just ended (thank you provera!)  The dr increased my metformin to 1500mg and I'm praying that I actually ovulate. 

Anyone wanna give me a swift kick in the ovaries?!?!? Big Smile

Oh goodness, I'll kick yours if you kick mine ;-)

I haven't even taken my met in...ages. lol. You know, I've heard the optimal dose of met is 1500mg, so maybe that'll just do it for you! 

• I'm waiting on my 4th af to start this weekend and then we're going to stop avoiding. I don't think we'll try in June because we'll be staying at a friend's house right around O time.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • can i join in the "thinking about ttc again?" we're going to see the mfm soon... and i'm working on losing some weight.. it will probably be a few more months before we actually start ttc... but i want to get in the group so i can see all the success you guys are having! :)

(it took us a year ttc to get prego with ds, only a month with dd... so we have NO idea what to expect.) 

• imageMrs. Destructo:
    imageSkypekWithoutAC:
    imageMrs. Destructo:

imageSkypekWithoutAC:

Because she was posting her BSC nonsense on the photography board, and those ladies figured out she was making stuff up. It's actually kinda scary - she really seems to suffer from Munchhausen syndrome, making up all kinds of crazy drama to get attention.

whoa! that's just nutso....

what is BSC? 

• Can I be added to the pregnant list? I'm Jen, due January 28th. My DD was born at 32weeks due to HELLP/IUGR.

QOTW: What is the best thing you learned about yourself by having to go through the nicu/preemie experience?

Update: I'm nervous, but starting to get excited about this pregnancy. The "ohmygoodnesswhathaveIdone?!" shock lasted about a week, but is waning. First appointment next week and hopefully we'll develop a plan for how I'll be monitored this time.

• imageHeather1979:

Hi! I can't think of any questions right now, but I have this unsettling urge to get things done. NOW. I am seriously trying to hold off on ordering a crib, packing the hospital bag, getting the nursery cleaned out, etc.

I am coping with this urge by doing the subtle things that will help get the house in order for #2. (That way DH won't think I'm crazy). So far I've organized 7/20 shelves of books that are currently in that room. Some are keepers, others I will sell, etc. I've also built (erm, Dh built) a new shelving system for the living room to help with clutter downstairs. I can't wait until it's bolted to the wall and I can start to organize the stuff.

I am right there with you! It's like nesting all over again! I think it's my brain's way of coping with the idea that I'll have 2 - organize, organize, organize!!

• Random questions are cool with me, so ask anything :)

I am doing really well, I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow and I am so excited to have gotten this far. I had a dream last night that she was a preemie and my husband woke me up and assured me that we are almost there and I can relax! I'm trying, I swear. Anyway, we're finishing the nursery up this weekend, I will post pics when we have it all finished. 

BTW, I haven't put her name up on any of the boards or on Facebook, but wanted to let you ladies know that she will be named Avery Elizabeth.

• imagejennigator3:

BTW, I haven't put her name up on any of the boards or on Facebook, but wanted to let you ladies know that she will be named Avery Elizabeth.

That's such a beautiful name!!

• imagegwenypher7:
    imagejennigator3:

That's such a beautiful name!!

I love that name!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • ijackijack member
    imagejennigator3:

Random questions are cool with me, so ask anything :)

I am doing really well, I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow and I am so excited to have gotten this far. I had a dream last night that she was a preemie and my husband woke me up and assured me that we are almost there and I can relax! I'm trying, I swear. Anyway, we're finishing the nursery up this weekend, I will post pics when we have it all finished. 

I'm so excited you've made it this far!! And I love the name :)

I'm just biding my time until July which is when we'll start trying. My doc is going to put me on progesterone to hopefully lengthen my LP (right now it's about 7 days) and keep me on it during the first tri. I'm so excited and scared all at the same time :) I loved being PG so much and I really want to experience it again even though I know I'll be freaking out the whole time :)

Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • Thanks ladies! I love that name, it was actually DH's pick, believe it or not. He has good taste.

ijack - best of luck! I did freak out the entire pregnancy but it has been so worth it. Also, having a toddler, it flies by so it's not so bad, not too much time to dwell on things. 

Denesdia - I am so glad you are almost at 29 weeks, great job!

• QOTW: The NICU expereince told me that WE can get through anything together. I used to think I was strong...now I KNOW I'm strong :)

Update: 36 weeks and counting. I'm scheduled for the amnio on June 8th via MFM when I'm 38 weeks, but my stupid Doctor still hasn't called me to schedule the actual c-section. Due to his schedule and mine, I haven't seen him in a long time....just been seeing a couple of his partners in the meantime.

I thought he was supposed to be back from vacation this week, but he hasn't called yet. I do have an apt. with him on June 3rd so I guess we schedule it then?? I'm getting a bit antsie about it and yet I know that the amnio is the most important piece of the puzzle and they'll HAVE to fit me in somewhere....it's not like I'm going to stay pregnant forever :) 

He's been adament since the beginning that I can NOT go into labor naturally due to the T incision I had with my emergency c-section. I'm not exactly buying it based on my research of abruptions and obvisouly I want to keep this baby cooking as long as possible. Therefore maybe NOT having it scheduled yet is OK. Who knows.....

• Morris - just added you - I put you down as TTC in the fall, let me know if you want anything changed :) oh - and BSC = bat shiit crazy

Gwenypher7 - added! Congrats on the bfp, looks like you and Heather are due date buddies :)

Jennigator - love the name! 

• Sorry I'm late ... 

As far as questions ... I have nothing! Random stuff is fine by me!

Had our 1st u/s last week, measuring 2 weeks behind but I wasn't sure when I Oed so I'm not too worried about it. Going back next Thursday for a full anatomy scan and to make sure my due date was just off and baby is growing on track. But they are guessing boy! Started the p17 shots last week also. Hoping they help but getting steroid shots at 30ish weeks anyways just be safe. Hoping my cervix is holding up fine, once again just have to wait until next week to be sure on that.

Agreeing with all the other ladies on getting things done! I have been cleaning out our office, which will be #2s room. I did pull out all the clothes to see what we could reuse since we are having a different season baby! The need to get it all done NOW is overwhelming! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats to all the new BFP's!  Oh, and welcome to our new "leader," skype!

Update:  AF, seriously?  C'mon...it's been 2 years.  Show up already!

'Nuff said.

• I feel weird not checking in with y'all...so even though I've had Maggie, I thought I'd say hi!  We're doing great..sleep deprived, but great!  Here is one of Maggie's newborn pro pics:

Best wishes to all of you!!!

• I am always late on this!

I don't have any ideas for questions...

I met with MFM last week and they did an extensive u/s...this little guy is measuring 4 days ahead and is looking great. She is confident I will have a full-term baby and avoid pre-e and HELLP altogether this time. She said the key will be the lovenox shots. Great news!!

Lily is constantly kissing my belly and saying "Alex, I love you sooo much!" It is sooo cute. We haven't fully decided on the name Alex yet, but she has :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageShanaNChris:

I am always late on this!

I don't have any ideas for questions...

I met with MFM last week and they did an extensive u/s...this little guy is measuring 4 days ahead and is looking great. She is confident I will have a full-term baby and avoid pre-e and HELLP altogether this time. She said the key will be the lovenox shots. Great news!!

Lily is constantly kissing my belly and saying "Alex, I love you sooo much!" It is sooo cute. We haven't fully decided on the name Alex yet, but she has :)

Good cookin that baby, mama! I have a feeling the baby will be Alex, then...my in-laws were considering a few names for their younger daughter, but finally decided on her name (Katherine Elizabeth) when they heard DH call her "Katherine Eguzabeth" lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"