Orange County Babies
Options

Ruptured Eardrum

My poor big girl.  Crying

She'd been a little under the weather this past weekend but nothing huge - just a low grade fever for a day or so.  Sunday she was good.  Monday we took her to school and she seemed ok but said her cheek hurt and was just a little clingier than usual which isn't unusual for a Monday morning.  The hubs got diagnosed w/ strep throat yesterday so I was wondering if maybe Maddie had it.  Took her to the dr. yesterday at about 3pm and her fever was back but all clear for strep.  When I picked her up from school for the dr. her teacher told me she complained her ear hurt.  We get home she crashes on the couch and takes an hour long nap and the fever is really cooking now when she wakes up.  Then we're eating dinner and she has blood coming out of her ear.  Uuugh.  My poor girl.  Her eardrum perforated.

Took her to urgent care last night where they confirmed it and gave meds/eardrops and took her to her regular pedi this morning.  Apparently she had an ear infection and nobody even know.  I feel just awful.  She's never had an ear infection before - crazy that her first one ended like this!

The good news is that she feels much better today!

Re: Ruptured Eardrum

• Options
    augs06augs06 member
    Poor Maddie!  I'm so happy she's feeling better today.  I'm sure the hardest part was not knowing she had the infection.  How long does it take a ruptured eardrum to heal?  I know all about pneumonia/lungs but nothing about the ears.
    forcing sisterly love since 07.06.10
  • Options
    OUCH!!!!  poor girl :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Crying

I am so glad she's already feeling better.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Poor thing:(
  • Options

Oh poor baby! Glad to hear she is feeling better.

I'm so glad I read this...DD has been running a fever of 102 just sporadically this week. We keep blaming it on her molers coming since she keeps grinding them. We also have noticed she keeps holding her head with both hands. DH is in the healthcare field so he knows the different symptoms and tells me its not an ear infection...I keep wondering if I should take her in to see her ped.

• Options
    OMG poor Maddie!  I would have been freaking out seeing blood coming out of her ear.  I hope she gets better soon!
  • Options
    poor girl! Hope she gets better soon.
  • Options
    Oh no! Poor Maddie! Poor Mom too. (Sometimes I think its harder on us than them). Glad to hear she's feeling better though!
  • Options

Wow, poor thing.

Sounds like she's a trooper, though.  I was a big baby when I ruptured my ear drum a few years ago.

• Options
    Poor lady! Kudos though that she made it this long without an ear infection!
    www.jojofromtheblog.com Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    I can't believe I missed this last week!  Hope Maddie is all better now.
  • Options
    jaymewjaymew member

Poor Baby girl!  Hope you guys are doing okay over there. I  did that to myself a few weeks back.  I woke up in the middle of the night and my throat and ears were itching like crazy.  I got a q-tip and was half asleep and I heard what sounded like a zit popping or something.  My equilibrium when wacky for a second but I just went back to bed and thought nothing of it.  The next day we were walking around Costco and my H goes "Um your ear has blood coming out of it."  So creepy!

Hugs to you guys!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"