North Carolina Babies
Options

I guess I just need a little reassurance...(long)

So, our DD will be born on June 24 - a mere month away!  I can't believe it's so soon!  I will be lucky enough to have 12 weeks of maternity leave - the reduced pay will be hard on us, but it's worth it to be with DD.

We've also been having some issues with DS's daycare situation.  He's in a home daycare, and while I love the care provider, now that she has more infants than little dudes, there's even less focus on colors, numbers, letters, etc.  and more TV than I'm comfortable with.  I mean, DS can quote shows we NEVER have on at our house.  That's a problem.

After meeting with a great new potential care provider for DS, the realization hit me - we will really want him in a preschool come fall, and I'm going to be at home anyway - why pay that much a month to have him go to daycare...when I could just keep him at home??

I guess I had just been thinking I didn't want to lose his place wherever he was, but if we're not happy anyway, and are thinking to move him in the fall...I mean, I can do this, right???

I know lots of others on this board have more than one LO and manage just fine...I guess I'm just not feeling so great about my multitasking abilities and am hoping I don't end up in tears every day :)

Guess I just had to get that out to a group of ladies that understands...

Thanks for reading :)

Married - October 16, 2005
Mama to William Nathaniel - October 7, 2006

And Natalie Frances - June 24, 2010

Re: I guess I just need a little reassurance...(long)

• Options
    While I'm not in your shoes I def. thing is doable to have them both at home with you and to take DS out of daycare after you have DD and have hiim home with you and start preschool, etc. in the fall and start the new situation then. Especially if it would help you financially, and honestly if you need some time and put him in front of the tv some u know its still less then he was at daycare so that there would give you a lil break if u need it. Im sure there will be stressful days but I think your DS is old enough to have at home cuz he's probably much more independent then even a younger child.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'll be in your shoes in July! Although DD will still go to school 2 days a week but I'll have her the rest of the time, so I sure hope it's doable!  If not we can complain together!  I know I'll be busy and tired, but at least I've been through the whole newborn thing before so know what to expect. I keep telling my husband by Christmas life should be back to normal and calmer LOL.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes - it's doable to have 2 at home. Honestly, when baby #2 is so young it easier than when they get mobile. When baby #2 is infant they can nap/sleep through the noise of DS #1. They aren't as easily distracted while nursing (if you go that route).

Honestly -  somedays you will end up in tears. But it was worth it to me. You will live through it - I KNOW you, you are STRONG. You can do this!

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Options
    I am going to be in the same exact situation when I have baby #2. Right now, Ashley goes to preschool two mornings a week (last day tomorrow) and I have a nanny (part of a nanny share). The nanny is not watching the new baby, so I am pulling Ashley when the baby is born and will have them both home with me (part of my leave is unpaid, so I don't see the point in paying my nanny when I am not getting paid). She is doing a two week camp at her preschool (in the morning) in July, but other than that, she will be with me. To tell you the truth, I am so excited for this summer and to have all this extra time at home with her. I know it will be hard, but I am looking forward to it. She is very independent and a great helper, so I know she will do fine. Plus, my mom will come and stay with us in the beginning, so I am get out and do things with her (or I can stay home and my mom can take her out). And I have a few SAHM friends that have volunteered to help out too (pick her up for play dates, etc). I know you can handle it and it will be a great summer :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"