High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

over due update!

Hello high risk mamas!! Sorry I've been MIA for a while Sad.

I've been in the hospital since Thursday with preterm labor.  I started having contrax at noonish Thursday and called the obs. They had me come in and found I had 8 in 30 mins while on their monitors. They sent me straight to L&D. Procardia, turb (sp?) nothing was working so we had to restort to Magnesium Sulfate...OMG. I was on various levels to try to control things. This stuff is horrid, I can't describe how awful it is. The NICU team was prepped, DH filled out paperwork and was given the tour/ shown Mason's spot in the nic to prepare him and then all of a sudden the contractions slowed down.  We're still battling them but keeping them at bay for now.

Oh, while on Mag. I was severly sick and aspirated some vomit and now have double phenomonia. This has been a crazy last few days but we see light at the end of the tunnel. I got both steroid injections and Mason seems to be staying content.

Sorry to be long winded but I wanted to update everyone as to why I've been gone for so long. I hope everyone else is doing well and having an uneventful week!!

Re: over due update!

• Options
    HOLY COW!!!  What a crazy-scary situation!!  I'm so glad to hear you are doing okay, and that LO is staying put!!  Are you still in the hospital?  Double pneumonia sounds awful too!!  I'm so sorry you are going through all of this.  Lots of HUGS headed your way!!!!  
  • Options
    Wow - that sounds so scary and miserable.  I'm glad things are getting better.  Take care of yourself!!!!  Prayers!!!!
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh no!!  How scary.  I guess they are planning to keep you in the hospital until Mason arrives?  You've done a great job cooking this baby so far- and you're definitely in good shape with the steroid shots.  But I will still pray that he bakes a little longer. 

GL, mama!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I feel for you. Hang in there. That magnesium is something seriously evil and put me in icu after delivery and filling lungs with fluid. You are so right, there is no explaining that stuff. Hang in there and keep that little one cooking. It will all work out ok. My daughter was born at 36 weeks and I was admitted at 31 weeks. Its hell but hang in there

Kristin

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    What an update!  That Mag is so terrible, but I am glad to hear that your contractions are under control.  You've already made it to 32 weeks!  How awesome.  Keep up the good work, and stay strong.  Sending you good karma!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"