Minnesota Babies
Options

child care centers - downtown Mpls

Hi all -

I am new to this board, but have been a regular poster on the October 2010 board.

I live in Minneapolis and am starting to look for a child care center either downtown Minneapolis or near downtown.  We toured the Child Garden Montessori this morning and are also planning to check out the YWCA and Kinderberry Hill (both downtown). 

Anyone have any idea of the rates at Kinderberry?  Or any other great centers to recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: child care centers - downtown Mpls

• Options
    We just started at Childrens Village Montessori on the U of MN campus not to far from downtown and like it so far.
    imageimage
  • Options

I don't know the exact rates, but Kinderberry is PRICEY.

When I used to work at Kinderberry, (10 years ago) I want to say that the toddler tuition was in the neighborhood of $1,400 a month (but that is me trying to remember 10 years ago).  Infants was definitely higher.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Kinderberry is expensive, but probably worth it.  Infant rates are right around $2100 a month.

There is a newer New Horizon downtown too.  I think it's called Laruel Village.

Hope that helps!

• Options

Thanks to everyone.  Those rates at Kinderberry are sort of amazing.  That's at least $500 more per month than the other places I've looked at.

When you say it is worth it, do you mean for the convenience, or is the level of care really that different?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

For infants, I don't think the level of care is much different than any other high quality center.  (Kinderberry has a 1:4 ratio which is pretty typical)

But, for older ages, Kinderberry's ratio is below licensing requirements.  For example, state licensing laws require a ratio of 1:7 in toddlers.  Kinderberry offers 1:6.

Kinderberry also has a lot of extras:

Their center has a nurse on-site

Additional programming, such as Spanish

The one I used to work at offered dry cleaning drop-off and pick-up and similar features.

Kinderberry also provides diapers (though they are cheap ones), wipes and formula (n/a if you are going to nurse)

Overall, if cost wasn't an option, I probably still would have gone with the New Horizon we are at over a nearby Kinderberry for infants.

It completely depends on the center - definitely meet the teachers that would be with your child!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"