Single Parents
Options

I felt so bad for DD last night!

She had two things that she doesn't get on a day to day basis. One was Juice (but I usually mix it with water in her sippy) and the other was one of those oatmeal mixed w/fruit. Poor child had such bad diaper rash last night. I let her sit in the tub longer than usual because it felt good to her. I hated changing her diapers because she would just cry any time I would wipe plus I would put the desitin on her every change. I'm not 100% but her diapers were the color of that oatmeal. So I'm thinking that was the biggest part of it. So no juice or oatmeal today. My poor baby, she looked a lot better this morning and was in good spirits though.

Re: I felt so bad for DD last night!

• Options

Poor little pooper!

It could be either the juice or the oatmeal.  The oatmeal color of the poop would have nothing to do with what caused the rash.  The poop would be oatmeal colored because poop is rarely orange and the oatmeal would be the grain she digested.

• Options
    Yeah I told grandma only water in her sippy today. Speaking of her sippy I got her one of the ones with the straw attached this weekend. She loves it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If she screams bloody murder when you wipe her butt, try using a wet washcloth instead of a wipe.  My son flips out when I use a wipe when he has bad diaper rash but is just fine with a washcloth.  Also, desitin never worked for me, it just made him flip out even more.  Instead, I just slather his butt with vasaline.  Works like a charm.
  • Options
    imagelnbohac:
    If she screams bloody murder when you wipe her butt, try using a wet washcloth instead of a wipe.  My son flips out when I use a wipe when he has bad diaper rash but is just fine with a washcloth.  Also, desitin never worked for me, it just made him flip out even more.  Instead, I just slather his butt with vasaline.  Works like a charm.
    Yeah I'm thinking I'm going to change over to A&D because my MIL uses it and it works within the next diaper change and it doesn't seem to bother her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"