December 2010 Moms
Options

Belly Casting Anyone?

A friend of mine did this, but I'm not sure what she did with it after she was done. 

Anyone planning on doing one?  Any cool ideas what to do with it afterwards? 

Re: Belly Casting Anyone?

• Options
    I'm going to do one and hang it in the baby's room.... I am thinking of sanding it and paiting it a pearlescent colorwith a blue or pink base, depending on what baby is. I've seen them in foyers, baby rooms, wherever
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have thought about doing it as well, but have wondered how far along you should wait to do it?  Probably as long as possible right? I am not sure what I will do with it afterward though, not sure how I will feel about it hanging on the wall.  Are you guys thinking of doing full torso w/ breasts included? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I gotta be honest with you, every time I'm in someone's house and turn around and see one of those things it just freaks me out.  I don't personally like them at all, but I think you're supposed to do it around 7/8 months.
  • Options
    I thought about doing it, but like PP's I'm not sure what to do with it afterwards. I think it would be neat to see what my belly looks like in a different view but kind of think it would be weird/awkward to have around in like 5 years.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imagebabyonthebrain2010:
    I gotta be honest with you, every time I'm in someone's house and turn around and see one of those things it just freaks me out.  I don't personally like them at all, but I think you're supposed to do it around 7/8 months.

ditto.

• Options

I'm IFFY on the boob part...I had breast cancer and one of my boobs is noticibly larger than the other....

I may have the baby's pictures taken in it....like a baby bowl. KWIM?

• Options
    I don't care for them, anyone I know who has done them has shoved it into a closet because they don't know what to do with it. If you want to remember what your belly looked like why not get professional maternity photos taken.
  • Options

imagebabyonthebrain2010:

LOL! I have never seen one in person. I have no idea what you would do with it, so I won't be doing one. I do want to take profile photos of myself once every 2 weeks or so. I think that is a fun way to document the growth of my belly and LO.

I told DH, and he said "can't you just set up the tripod and do it yourself." Urg. He has no idea what a PITA that would be compared to him just taking the picture.

• Options
    imageRSClementine:

imagebabyonthebrain2010:

LOL! I have never seen one in person. I have no idea what you would do with it, so I won't be doing one. I do want to take profile photos of myself once every 2 weeks or so. I think that is a fun way to document the growth of my belly and LO.

I told DH, and he said "can't you just set up the tripod and do it yourself." Urg. He has no idea what a PITA that would be compared to him just taking the picture.

hahahaha my husband said the same thing about the tripod!!! on of my best friends is a photographer and luckily she will do maternity pics for me.. probably once around 6 months and again around 8.   as for the belly casts I've seen them hanging from a wall and also mounted on a pedestal.. sorta like a mannequin.. in their bedroom, no less.... Surprise

• Options

I'm totally on the fence.  If I can find something cool to do with it, I think it would be neat.  If not, I won't do it. 

I've never seen one hanging on anyone's wall, but most of my friends don't have kids.  That does sound a little creepy.  hehe

I plan on taking a picture every week of my belly (covered up) and putting it in my baby book.  I like the whole idea of taking a picture with the fruit the baby is supposed to be equivalent to.  I think that's cute. 

• Options

No, I'm not doing it because like everyone else said, I wouldn't know what to do with it. It's kinda weird unless you have a huge house and make it look like art or something and if there are no boobs in it, it looks even stranger (IMO).

Anyway, I am going to get professional maternity pictures done for sure.

• Options
    I know I am not having one, it just seems kinda creepy. Why would you want that hanging in your house anyway...unless you are like uber modern,I just think it is weird
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Dx MTHFR (C677T & A1298C, Compound Heterozygous)

• Options
    Personally its NMS.  I dont want a cast of my belly/boobs hanging up on the wall. But- to each his own.
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

• Options
    imageFoosDiva:

A friend of mine did this, but I'm not sure what she did with it after she was done. 

Anyone planning on doing one?  Any cool ideas what to do with it afterwards? 

Chip bowl? Stick out tongue

• Options
    imagebabyonthebrain2010:
    imageRSClementine:

imagebabyonthebrain2010:

hahahaha my husband said the same thing about the tripod!!! on of my best friends is a photographer and luckily she will do maternity pics for me.. probably once around 6 months and again around 8.   as for the belly casts I've seen them hanging from a wall and also mounted on a pedestal.. sorta like a mannequin.. in their bedroom, no less.... Surprise

I am a photographer, which is why DH thought it would be a better idea for me to take the photos, but still.... It's like the people who asked if I would be photographing my own wedding. What kind of stupid question is that?!?!?

• Options
    jpblingjpbling member
    I*'ve heard that people are starting to do "Belly Bowls"...instead of the whole belly and boobs thing, just do the belly and decorate it, use it as a "bowl" or centerpiece on the table. It's a good alternative to those who don't want to display the cast of their whole pregnant body!
  • Options

I think they're weird, and I think cheesy maternity pictures are equally weird. Not really sure why women think it's so super touching to have a picture of themselves half naked with a sash covering their boobs...and the WORST are ones where the poor husbands are roped in too (sometimes shirtless... gag). 

I've seen maternity pictures that are like "normal" pictures, and I don't mind them. The other ones though... give me the creeps.  

I just wouldn't know what the heck to do with the belly cast afterwards. Maybe use it as a chip/dip bowl? :-P 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageJulietL129:

I think they're weird, and I think cheesy maternity pictures are equally weird. Not really sure why women think it's so super touching to have a picture of themselves half naked with a sash covering their boobs...and the WORST are ones where the poor husbands are roped in too (sometimes shirtless... gag). 

I've seen maternity pictures that are like "normal" pictures, and I don't mind them. The other ones though... give me the creeps.  

I just wouldn't know what the heck to do with the belly cast afterwards. Maybe use it as a chip/dip bowl? :-P 

Im with you on the weird naked mat pics. I dont want pics of me and DH half naked all over the house. BUT there are some super cute pictures like e-pics that I will take. Like, the picture with him behind me making a heart with his fingers- I just think thats cute. We will NOT be going overboard with this, and they will NOT be plastered all over the house.

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

• Options

Oh dear, I had never heard of belly castings until now, but that seems super-creepy to me.

I'm also not crazy about maternity pics. I would love to do newborn pics, but I don't really desire any photos of me all fat and covered in acne.

To each their own, but it's definitely NMS.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

• Options
    imagecanthardlywait426:
    imageJulietL129:

Im with you on the weird naked mat pics. I dont want pics of me and DH half naked all over the house. BUT there are some super cute pictures like e-pics that I will take. Like, the picture with him behind me making a heart with his fingers- I just think thats cute. We will NOT be going overboard with this, and they will NOT be plastered all over the house.

Definitely, it's really the nudity ones that freak me out. Especially when the husbands take their shirts off... WHY?!? lol! It's like they're taking a pic of the exact moment the wife finally took full control of his manhood... it's sad. 

• Options
    I saw this one really creepy pregnancy pic where the woman was at least naked on top, the man was upside down and his legs were in the lotus position in front under he belly.  I'm not doing it justice trying to describe it, but I don't think I'd be able to find the actual picture now.
  • Options
    sroszcsroszc member

imagelilmgirl:
    I saw this one really creepy pregnancy pic where the woman was at least naked on top, the man was upside down and his legs were in the lotus position in front under he belly.  I'm not doing it justice trying to describe it, but I don't think I'd be able to find the actual picture now.

Good Lord.  What is wrong with people?

I definitely won't be doing a belly cast.  Really, what's the point?  And where would you put it?  Maternity pics, probably. The tasteful sort.

photo 53b360e6-ee99-4f9e-a024-83bbcf2fab7d_zps358d4ab4.jpg Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

What, you're not into these types of pictures?

https://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/category/photos/pregnancy/

• Options
    imageabovewedding:

Hahaha, amazing! Those exactly!

Sidenote: AFP is one of the best blogs ever... Love it! 

• Options

Not safe for work! (But amazingly hilarious!) 

https://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/wp-content/uploads/cache/2009/06/the-worst-c.jpg/570_0_resize_watermarked_post_rb_0.jpg

THIS picture, my point exactly... he's NAKED! Whyyyy?  

• Options
    imageJulietL129:

Not safe for work! (But amazingly hilarious!) 

https://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/wp-content/uploads/cache/2009/06/the-worst-c.jpg/570_0_resize_watermarked_post_rb_0.jpg

THIS picture, my point exactly... he's NAKED! Whyyyy?  

Haha its true, I don't get the pictures that show how you made the baby to begin with...its a little odd. I saw one once where the mother and father were both naked and he was sitting crossed legged and she was sitting on his lap facing him with her legs wrapped around him and hugging. I don't want to picture that thanks!

Or, the creepy ones where they'll super impose a picture of your baby into the the belly. 

• Options
    imageabovewedding:

OMG.  I laughed so hard.  I couldn't get past the first page.  Those are bad.....

I only want tasteful ones - fully clothed.  A guy in my office showed me the pics his wife MADE him take.  I felt so bad for him.  He clearly didn't want to be there.  I hope I never make my hubby feel that way. 

• Options
    imagecanthardlywait426:
    imageJulietL129:

This. I plan on doing pics (I know I'm gonna sound cheesy) because I really think the pregnant body is amazing and I want to have really nice pics of such a unique time in my life.

This being said, DH will not be any type of naked, if he's in any at all. That is just so strange and a little gross to me. 

• Options
    I thought belly casts were really bizarre too, until a friend of mine made one, only a week before her baby was born. She ended up keeping it and once they brought their baby home, they put blankets in it and let him curl up in it, to fall asleep. It was incredible how his little body fit perfectly in it, and how comfortable he seemed in it. They took some awesome pictures, then ended up just throwing it away, or putting it in the attic or something. But, I thought the baby in the cast pictures were a really unique idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"