Military Families
Options

Operation Special Delivery

Has anyone used this before or had a doula before?  For those of you who don't know what OSD is, its a program that offers free Doula service to women who are pregnant and will be delvering while their spouses or SO are deployed.  Im thinking of trying it, but technically, my DF will be trying to come home on leave during the labor, so I dont know if I qualify.

Re: Operation Special Delivery

• Options
    I don't know anything about operation special delivery but I heard really good feedback about doula services. I would try and get it if I could get it for free.
  • Options
    jags09jags09 member

I looked into it when we thought DH might miss the birth.  There were requirements that you had to meet to qualify.  Financially, we could afford to hire a doula so that immediately disqualified us from being eligible for the program since there is an income section on the application.

I have heard wonderful things about the program though. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My best friend's mother is a Doula. They are so amazing. Just remember that a doula and midwife are completely different. I hope you have an amazing experience if you choose to do it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

That would be amazing!! I never wanted anyone in the room but my husband (not my mom, sister, friend, etc)... so with him not being there, that would be my best option!! 

Please post if anyone has more info on this! It would be greatly appreciated :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"