D.C. Area Babies
Options

Charlottesville

Anyone live here?  We've always loved that area.  We got married at the Boar's Head.  We're thinking of moving back to Virginia and think we'd really like to live in Charlottesville (but neither of us has ever lived there.)  Any insight?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Charlottesville

• Options
    No current insight as we haven't lived there since 2003 but we also got married there (@ Ashlawn Highland) and would *love* to move back. I would love to raise my kid(s) there. I do know that the job market is fairly restrictive depending on what you do.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks!  Dh has his own business that he can run from anywhere and near DC would actually be a good location.  The job thing isn't much of an issue.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My brother and sil LOVE Charlottesville and would live there if my brother didn't travel for work so much.  Currently they decided to stay in NoVA so he can be near National Airport.  I don't know much about it except that UVA is there and it's a little small for my taste.  I bet my DH would love it though.
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options
    If the job part is already set- I could definitely see the appeal of Charlottesville!
  • Options
    My Brother and SIL live in C'ville. They really love it.  You do have to pay close attention to schools though.  C'ville has some bad ones and some areas have high crime (in my mind) for a small city; but it really is a great place to live.
  • Options

imageHey Jellisy:
    You do have to pay close attention to schools though.  C'ville has some bad ones and some areas have high crime (in my mind) for a small city; but it really is a great place to live.

I've heard this too.

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options
    Albermarle County and Western Albermarle County have good schools. Charlottesville City is a bit rougher. If private schools are your boat, there are a couple of really, really good ones.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"