Illinois Babies
Options

RE recs? Suburbs

Hi

My OB/GYN has recommended a few RE/Infertility clinics.  Just wondering if anyone has any experience with either.  One is not that far from home, and the other is just a few miles from work; any ideas which would be better?  (thinking about when I may have to go for testing)

The 2 are Chicago IVF (the clinic in St. Charles) and the second is Fertlity Centers of IL (Crystal Lake).

TIA

Tricia

Re: RE recs? Suburbs

• Options
    I go to FCI in the city but Dr Jacobs in Crystal Lake has a great reputation.
    1-20-09 BFP third month of Follistim IUI 02-19-09 MC 06-24-09 MC July IUI Follistim Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone=BFN Aug. IUI Follistim Ganirelix ovidrel Crinone=BFP= scared sh**less 10-12-09 MC = 1 ectopic 1 perfect Dec. IUI Gonal-F Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone Lovenox 01-02-10 BFP=scared sh**less again 01-06-10 CP SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME : ) March 2010 - IVF in progress converted to IUI 03-30-10 BFN April 2010 - IVF - BFFN June 2010 - IVF - BFFN July IUI BFP! March 26 2011 Gracie is here! imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    While I have not seen him personally yet, we got my DH's SA done at Dr. Jacob's in Crystal Lake and will soon have our consultation there.  His office staff seems nice and professional and for us it's so close.  Plus I had heard great things about their success rate. GL!

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Kaplan with FCI.

Unfortunately, he is downtown so when you go to see him you need to go there.   But I get all my monitoring done at a different FCI office near my work/home. 

As my friend said, the inconvenience of going to the wrong Dr. for years is much worse than a couple trips to the city.

I have done an IUI and IVF with him and have only had to go downtown three times.  Once for initial meeting, second time for an IVF consult, then a third time to meet with his nurse for the IVF full walk through.  I had another phone consult with him after the failed IUI and tests came back.

• Options

First off, I am so sorry you are going through this.  I went through it myself and I can happily say I am not pregnant.  I was a patient of Fertility Centers of Illinois for years.  I thought I was in great hands when I was there.  I liked Dr. Nani as well.  I started realizing that there are a lot of problems with FCI.  They do not have the best rating with the BBB, there were mistakes on my record, extra charges, they thought I was on a medication and I wasn't and they were performing unnecessary tests. For an example they kept trying to charge me extra money and I would talk to them about it each time I went in, one day I said don't you remember we have already talked about this a few times and Sue said "I don't keep track anymore, it was too much of a pain."  I switch to Advanced Fertility of Chicago and fell in love with them my first appointment.  No nonsense and unnecessary test.  They really made me feel I was in charge of my fertility and gave the options to help me.  They also have better hours.  Just type in FCI reviews in Google and you will see that about 50% are great the other 50% are not.  I recommend Dr. Sherpan at FCI.  The most important thing I learned it you need to go with your gut and if something is uneasy about the Dr. Make the switch.

Best of Luck!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"