Minnesota Babies
Options

People are so concerned...

about how I'm handling the heat (I'm 31 weeks pregnant)! I know it's hot - I had to stay in our basement most of the day yesterday - but I can't believe how many people have asked me how I'm doing. Nice to know they care :)

Anyway, it was just a random comment.

How are you all doing? Is the AC on full-blast or are you a heat-lover?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: People are so concerned...

• Options

Ummm...the A/C is on full blast!!  I can't stand the heat...moreso the humidity.

And yes I was about 33 weeks this time last year and we had that one bout of 96 degrees for two days in late April and everyone was on me like flies on sticky paper asking how I was...like I am going to say F**ing miserable and how are you!!  I just grinned and bared it and said I am doing well...luckily it led into a mild June/July so I wasn't totally in rough shape for the last bit of the pregnancy.

• Options
    hbach83hbach83 member
    We waited as long as we could to turn on the AC. But yesterday, when I saw the heat index for today would be 100 degrees, we caved. Definitely feels nicer in here than it has for the last few days!
    Mom to Jace (7/2004), Cade (2/2009) and baby girl (5/2019)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Our AC is definitely on!  My DH is a wuss when it comes to heat, so we've had it on for at least a week now.  Luckily, I control the temp, so it's not on that high yet!

• Options
    we are odd as we have our windows & doors open later in the day will will turn the AC on 
  • Options

I did not realize how much more the heat would affect me being this pregnant! We had to turn the AC on to sleep, and I just can't breathe in this humidity! People kept telling me how lucky I am to not have to be pregnant in July and August, but thanks May for showing me what I was missing :)

DX PCOS, Endometriosis 2009
    Eliot. Born 6/18/10
    Missed m/c discovered 1/6/12 at 8-9 weeks
    D&C 1/10/12
    My Blog
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ariel06ariel06 member
    It was 85 degrees on the dock when I showed up on the dock at work at 6am this morning.  My boss put me on other projects so I wouldn't have to deal with the heat.  That usually might bug me, but it was crazy hot anyways!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

AC is on!  I don't mind the heat, but can't handle the humidity.

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ours is broken. :( Last night was miserable. Not to mention we were doing a TON of housework yesterday, so we were home all day.
    BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
    BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
    BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
    BFP #4, 7/22/12, DD#2 born 4/2013

• Options
    Our AC is on full blast. I have never been a fan of humidity. I'm 25 weeks along and already have swollen ankles and legs...just a little preview of what the rest of my summer will be like I guess!
  • Options
    i told my husband yesterday that i was very glad i had jan. babies because i would have been one crabby woman being pg and uncomfy in the heat.   more power to you if you aren't suffering too much!!!    35 weeks on was when i was the most uncomfy with both kids though--so keep us posted!!!!
  • Options
    A/C is most definitely on!! Just about 31 weeks here, and it's taking a toll for sure! Not as much as I expected actually...but bad enough. Much different than when your due in January :)
    Ashley & Christian
  • Options
    SeaMamaSeaMama member
    A/C on full!  Just moved here from WA state - it's a 40 degree swing in temp!  LOL.  Last summer I was really pg and it hit 109 in Seattle - no one has A/C out there so we bought a window unit and I locked myself in the bedroom for 3 days!  :D)  Hang in there when you do venture outside! 
  • Options
    hbach83hbach83 member
    imagesensoregurl:

People kept telling me how lucky I am to not have to be pregnant in July and August, but thanks May for showing me what I was missing :)

I had to LOL at this! Smile You'll always have that story to tell too... when people say "Oh, you have a May/June baby? You weren't pregnant in the summer, how nice for you!" and you can say, "Yeah, but we had a scorcher of a spring that year! I remember on May 24th, 2010....." - kinda funny Stick out tongue 

Mom to Jace (7/2004), Cade (2/2009) and baby girl (5/2019)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

i was 39w this week (2 years ago) and it wasn't that bad. we rarely used the A/C in our apt when we were living there.

in my apt ds and I live in now, I turned on the A/C on low last night because the humidity was unbearable....and just turned it off about a half hour ago because it's kind of nice out with the breeze

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

In my bag
    d90
    50mm f/1.2 * 28-85mm (Macro) f/3.5-4.5 * 70-300mm f/3.5-4.5
    Opteka Fisheye Adapter * Lightscoop
  • Options
    jess60jess60 member
    imagechaoticmum:
    imagesensoregurl:

People kept telling me how lucky I am to not have to be pregnant in July and August, but thanks May for showing me what I was missing :)

I had to LOL at this! Smile You'll always have that story to tell too... when people say "Oh, you have a May/June baby? You weren't pregnant in the summer, how nice for you!" and you can say, "Yeah, but we had a scorcher of a spring that year! I remember on May 24th, 2010....." - kinda funny Stick out tongue 

This exactly!  Here I thought having a late spring baby would be okay but it is H-O-T!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"