Oregon Babies
Options

Book recommendation

Hello again! What books have you found most helpful during your pregnancy?

Re: Book recommendation

• Options
    pdxjennpdxjenn member

Other than the usual:

What to Expect, Your pregnancy week by week, etc...

I really loved "From the Hips". It was well written, had lots of real life quotes, and had great post partum info... which most of the other books didn't.

Welcome and good luck!

• Options
    If you are looking for funny, light hearted stuff rather than truly educational I would recommend: Nap Time is the New Happy Hour and Sippy Cups are Not for Chardonnay - both were really funny but even had some educational information in them.  I also read the Jenny McCarthy book (Belly Laughs) and thought it was not very funny, poorly written and overall not worth the money.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Both my sister in law and I enjoyed "Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy". It's a bit easier to read. It doesn't go week by week like the what to expect books (which are also nice to have) but it offers good information on what is going to happen throughout your pregnancy and during delivery in a real way. I don't think you need so many books for the during, its the after you need to prepare for more. When baby comes home. I felt my limited time was better spent reading up for that when I could just follow along week by week on the pregnancy.

I liked "Happiest Baby on the Block" wish really helped us prepare for soothing our newborn. Worked great for us anyway. "Baby 411" was also a great book that helped me learn signs of things wrong, what was normal and what wasn't. I also loved "Baby Bargains" for shopping. It really helped me realize that there are a lot of things you just simply don't NEED for your baby. I was so overwhelmed before i did our registry and that book really helped.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"