Infertility
Options

Do you refrigerate menopur and gonal-f?

Thanks!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do you refrigerate menopur and gonal-f?

• Options
    I refrigerated the gonal f but not the menopur.
    TTC since 8/07 DX - Severe MFI/azoospermia & MTHFR/ TESEs found sperm - 7/08 & 6/09/ 12/08 - IVF#1 - BFN/ 6/09 - IVF #2 - cancelled due to OHSS risk (had retrieval)/ 7/09 - FET #1 - BFN/ 9/09 - FET #2 - BFN/ 11/09 - IVF #3 with new RE cancelled twice - 10/09 & 11/09/ 1/10 - IVF #3 take 3 - BFN/ 4/10 - IVF #4 - first ever BFP on 5/13/10!!! 108 @ 10dp3dt/ 2nd beta 311!/ sono on 5/28/10 said TWINS!!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Just gonal-f.  The menopur can stay at room temp.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used the multi-dose vials of Gonal-F and only refrigerated them after opening.
  • Options
    jani7jani7 member

imagenewsbaby:

Hypothetically- if i've had the menpur in the refrigerater do you think it is a problem?  Embarrassed

• Options
    imagejani7:

imagenewsbaby:

Hypothetically- if i've had the menpur in the refrigerater do you think it is a problem?  Embarrassed

LOL! Hypothetically, I think it's OK, but we'll see what the other ladies say.

• Options
    I have refrigerated my gonal-f because it came cold but on the paper that came with it that told how to use the pen it said you can refrigerate or room temp so Im confused about it. I wish I knew!
  • Options
    jani7jani7 member
    imagemissred75:
    imagejani7:

imagenewsbaby:

lol :)

• Options
    imagejani7:
    imagemissred75:
    imagejani7:

imagenewsbaby:

lol :)

I am honestly not sure. Definitely ask your nurse asap! 

TTC since 8/07 DX - Severe MFI/azoospermia & MTHFR/ TESEs found sperm - 7/08 & 6/09/ 12/08 - IVF#1 - BFN/ 6/09 - IVF #2 - cancelled due to OHSS risk (had retrieval)/ 7/09 - FET #1 - BFN/ 9/09 - FET #2 - BFN/ 11/09 - IVF #3 with new RE cancelled twice - 10/09 & 11/09/ 1/10 - IVF #3 take 3 - BFN/ 4/10 - IVF #4 - first ever BFP on 5/13/10!!! 108 @ 10dp3dt/ 2nd beta 311!/ sono on 5/28/10 said TWINS!!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    i was told to refrigerate the gonal f , i could store at room temp  but only for 30 days. it wouldnt be good after that. They told me the menopur doesnt need refrigeration, so mine is being stored room temp. i have no answer on if its bad to refrigerate the menopur, sorry
  • Options
    I actually just asked the opposite question of my RE yesterday.  My pharmacist said nothing needed to be refrigerated and I was freaking out about it b/c it seemed like it should.  Anyways, my RE said that the only thing that would be very bad is if the meds freeze.  If they are too warm then it won't effect the potency, but bacteria can grow in them if they are contaminated.  I think that refrigerating them is the safe way to go so I don't think that there is anything wrong with that, but you may want to discuss with your RE and/or pharmacist to be safe. 
    Nothing to see here....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"