Infertility

chronic endometritis

Ladies,

Anyone have experience with this? I had a lap/hysterscopy/D&C done obout 2 weeks ago. My RE said I had a mild case of Chronic Endometritis and now have to go on antibiotics for 2 weeks. He said it was so mild they had to stain the slides multiples times?!? Nothing was ever mentioned previously during other diagnostics tests/ultrasounds (and I have had plenty!) He said that the antibitoics should take care of it no problem. I went to the appt. in hopes to get my injectable protocol so I wasn't prepared with questions. I guess I am just concerned about what this means in regards to success of pregnancy with future fertility treatments. Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

Me-29 PCOS H-29 9/27 Injectables & TI cycle 10/27 Beta #1 120 10/29 Beta #2 301 11/8 5 wks. 4 days-gestational sac and yolk sac located 11/19 7 wks. 1 day-heartbeat found-140bpm! 2/11 19 wks. 4 days-anatomy scan-It's a boy! :)BabyFruit Ticker

Re: chronic endometritis

• I'm finding this kind of interesting because I thought all endometriosis was chronic? I mean, you can have is lasered away during a lap or been on drugs to suppress it, but once you go off the drugs or enough time passes after your lap, it most likely will come back.

Antibiotics do not "take care" of endometriosis, unless there's some new discovery I've not heard of. 

Married 08.06
    Started TTC 05.08
    Me: Stage II endo, borderline high FSH
    DH: perfect
    1 lap, 5 IUIs = 4 BFNs and 1 c/p
    2 IVFs, 2 FETs = 1 BFN, 1 c/p, 1 ectopic and finally a sticky BFP in May 2011!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

1 FET in Aug 2013 = BFP! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagesweetky_06:

I'm finding this kind of interesting because I thought all endometriosis was chronic? I mean, you can have is lasered away during a lap or been on drugs to suppress it, but once you go off the drugs or enough time passes after your lap, it most likely will come back.

Antibiotics do not "take care" of endometriosis, unless there's some new discovery I've not heard of. 

this. My guess is that if you are on antibiotics then you have a bacterial infection. Antibiotics only treat bacteria!
    Beautiful Miracle Baby lost at 21 weeks due to pre-term labor and incompetent cervix. FET#1 BFN, FET#2 BFP, early loss. FET#3 BFN. IVF#2 BFFN. FET #4 BFP after removing bilateral hydrosalpinx and 3 months of lupron depot. Sticky Bun is here!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Endometritis is inflammation of the uterus, it is not the same as Endometriosis. Therefore, it is bacteria causing an inflammation of the uterus.
    Me-29 PCOS H-29 9/27 Injectables & TI cycle 10/27 Beta #1 120 10/29 Beta #2 301 11/8 5 wks. 4 days-gestational sac and yolk sac located 11/19 7 wks. 1 day-heartbeat found-140bpm! 2/11 19 wks. 4 days-anatomy scan-It's a boy! :)BabyFruit Ticker
  • From my understanding, bacterial inflammation will prevent/impair implantation, and are associated with miscarriages. I had a bacterial infection at the time I delivered Lily, so I've spent the last 8 weeks obsessing over all this. The MFM I saw at our wtf/preconception visit asked me to get screened for a few types of bacterias. They can be common and doesn't necessarily mean "infection" but an overgrowth. She said bacterial infection in the uterus(which is supposed to be sterile) becomes inflamed and in turn causes impairment in implantation, or in some cases miscarriages. If untreated it could cause PID. Of course I'm not a dr so I don't know all the ins and out. But I from what I've read regular screening, and antibiotics can wipe it out. I didnt/have never had symptoms or abnormals paps or cultures.. So I was very suprised at my last dr appt to know I did have infection. Pm if you want to talk some more hun. Hope you're feeling better after since your lap!
    TTC# 1 Since 10/2005----Diagnosed with PCOS March of 2006
    multiple failed cycles, multiple IUIs, lap with ovarian drilling 4/2008
    Finally BFP on 11/23/09 beta#1=36 beta#2 =62 beta#3=139
    Liliana was born on March 27,2010 at 21w5d due to infection and pre-term labor
    BFP #2 on 6/20/10 after Gonal-F and TI First u/s showed Twins! 
    TTC#2 since 02/2012 with out RE... 
    Back to RE 08/2016----- Cycle #1 10/2016 Femara 7.5mg=???
    imageimage

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imagesweetky_06:

I'm finding this kind of interesting because I thought all endometriosis was chronic? I mean, you can have is lasered away during a lap or been on drugs to suppress it, but once you go off the drugs or enough time passes after your lap, it most likely will come back.

Sorry about the confusion - when readying quickly I saw endometriosis, which is NOT what you were talking about - sorry! 

Married 08.06
    Started TTC 05.08
    Me: Stage II endo, borderline high FSH
    DH: perfect
    1 lap, 5 IUIs = 4 BFNs and 1 c/p
    2 IVFs, 2 FETs = 1 BFN, 1 c/p, 1 ectopic and finally a sticky BFP in May 2011!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

1 FET in Aug 2013 = BFP! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sweetky-No problem! I was confused as well! It's definitely not a common thing and often confused with endometriosis.

Nina-thank you for your reply! My RE didn't seem concerned at all but didn't want to pursue treatments if implanation could be an issue with this condition. I always get nervous when I hear new diagnosises! Thank you for your words and I'm very sorry for your loss.

• imagesassygirlj:

Sweetky-No problem! I was confused as well! It's definitely not a common thing and often confused with endometriosis.

Nina-thank you for your reply! My RE didn't seem concerned at all but didn't want to pursue treatments if implanation could be an issue with this condition. I always get nervous when I hear new diagnosises! Thank you for your words and I'm very sorry for your loss.

No prob sweetie! And thank you for the condolonces. It shouldnt be a big deal if the infection hasn't caused any adhesions. They say it's fairly common. I'm not sure if the bacterias I was screened for are the same as what your dr noticed, so I dont know how much help I can be.. but like I said If you need to talk, feel free to send me a msg. :)

TTC# 1 Since 10/2005----Diagnosed with PCOS March of 2006
    multiple failed cycles, multiple IUIs, lap with ovarian drilling 4/2008
    Finally BFP on 11/23/09 beta#1=36 beta#2 =62 beta#3=139
    Liliana was born on March 27,2010 at 21w5d due to infection and pre-term labor
    BFP #2 on 6/20/10 after Gonal-F and TI First u/s showed Twins! 
    TTC#2 since 02/2012 with out RE... 
    Back to RE 08/2016----- Cycle #1 10/2016 Femara 7.5mg=???
    imageimage

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"