Pregnant after 35
Options

really uncomfortable

so i've been pretty lucky most of this pregnancy and havent really had a problem with gas belching or flatulence. 

fast forward to last night and today and i just want to DIE!   i'm so bloated and having major gas pain. not really belching or passing gas though.  i tried gas x and its not doing a DARN thing.  tried peppermint tea, ginger tea, chamomile tea.  while those helped a little i am still majorly UNCOMFORTABLE! 

no i havent eaten anything particularly gassy, no cabbage, no beans, no broccoli.  just had a normal dinner last night with chicken breast and whole wheat tortellini.  i thought maybe it was the artificial sweetener in the ice tea i've been drinking so i cut that out today too (i have GD so no regular sugar or honey or stevia)

i actually thought last night that they were contractions with the way it was hurting but heard my stomach bubbling.  the pain is really positional and hurts more if i press on my belly or bend over or move suddenly.

so what have you ladies done for gas relief during pregnancy?  any suggestions?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: really uncomfortable

• Options

The whole wheat stuff makes me crampy and bloated.  I had to stop eating most of it. :(  I eat a lot of Stoneyfield yogurt w/ 6 probiotics  and that seems to keep my digestive system happy.  I buy the plain which is an aquired taste, so I mix in a little fruit.  I also have a few prunes everyday.

Maybe it's just pressure from the baby.  I am having that really bad right now.  Maybe the baby IS coming!! :)

Hope you feel better!

• Options
    Hello! Wow I cannot believe you are so close! Congrats! Hang in there. The last weeks can be very uncomfortable. I remember having those pains. I don't have any suggestions. I hope you find comfort soon! Take care!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I lie on my left side and start belching and tooting away. Works every night and my husband thinks it is so hot. Wink

I hope you find some relief soon!

I am a Wonder-Mom!
    DD#1 - January 2008
    DD#2 - September 2010
  • Options
    I second the yogurt-not sure if it helps or not-just tastes good.  and the lying around farting and burping.  Love it!  best of luck.
  • Options

I feel you - thank goodness DH thinks farts are too funny and DS doesn't seem to notice.

My non-preggo go to for gas is to make a tea from a tbsp of anise seed per cup water - it tastes good and works like a charm.  Because there are mixed messages about which herbs are safe to use during pregnancy I only use it for painful gas during pregnancy, but aside from "walking it off" anise is the only thing that actually helps....   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"