Single Parents
Options

child support question...

H makes bonuses based of his sales each month...does anyone know if that is supposed count towards child support, if they can do a percentage of it or something?

I will be calling the lawyer tomorrow, but my nerves are so wrecked tonight I need to figure all of this out!

Re: child support question...

• Options

Do you have any child support right now set up?

Is there an average of what his bonuses are each month or do they greatly vary? 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    imager9stedt:

Do you have any child support right now set up?

Is there an average of what his bonuses are each month or do they greatly vary? 

We do have something in place now. However, when our divorce was denied it said there was a child support paper missing, so we will have to fill that out to get things finalized. Now I'm going to go through the child support office, and it will go up since I'm working and paying for childcare, which I wasn't when we originally filed.

As for his bonuses, I'm really not sure. I know the ones he got when we were together were typically $800-$1000 a month, but I'm not sure how regularly he was getting them. I never realized he was lying to me about so much!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kirbearkirbear member

Not sure about bonuses, but my xh makes a ton in overtime and it doesn't count towards child support.  Kills me because he made more in OT than my salary was the year we divorced but the OT isn't guaranteed etc.. So CS is based on his base salary yet he claims he can't see her all the time bc he has to work OT to pay me!!

My lawyer did say that if I possibly petitioned to have the amount changed that I would get more, but it wasn't worth it in my book to pay more in lawyer fees to do it plus with my x he would just stop working it if he had to pay me more!

Good luck and I agree that you should go through the court on the recommended amount and not come up with figures on your own- make him pay what he is supposed to pay!   Also ask for help with child care in addition to cs.  I get child support plus my x has to pay 1/2 of daycare  and if he makes a lot more than you he can pay more than 1/2 of it, at least here in my state.  In CT they take your combined income after child support is paid and see who makes what percent of that combined amount.  So after child support I make 53% of that combined amount and xh 47%.  So he has to pay 47% of daycare, unreimbursed med bills etc.. Since its so close we split it 50/50 but if your x makes more than you and doesn't pay a lot in CS, he may have to pay even more than you.

Good luck!

Kirsten DD 4-7-06
  • Options
    PA will take last year's taxes and the last 6 months of income (paystubs) and get and base it off the average Annual income.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagesweetie0228:
    PA will take last year's taxes and the last 6 months of income (paystubs) and get and base it off the average Annual income.

This is what my state does.  I am glad you are contacting a lawyer.  You need to have everything done legally and fairly. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"