Military Families
Options

So how does this work?

We are going to see my DH graduate BMT and I was wondering if we have to get a hotel off base or if we would be able to stay on base. I asked his recruiter and he gave me a blank stare and shrugged his shoulders. So, I have no idea. Can someone help me out? If we can stay on base how do I reserve rooms and such? Sorry, I'm a newbie lol.

Re: So how does this work?

• Options

My parents stayed on base when I graduated BMT. What branch is your DH? Each branch has their own lodging site where you can get phone numbers to reserve a room..

here is the Airforce and Navy,

https://dodlodging.net/

and the site has links to the Army/Marine lodging sites as well.

• Options
    Thank you. He's in the Air Force. I'll have to call soon to make sure they have rooms. Thanks again!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My parents were able to stay on-base, but my dad is retired Army so i'm not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Good luck! Have fun, and i'm glad your DH is almost finished!!

• Options

When my H graduated Basic/AIT I stayed at a hotel off base.

I'm glad your H is going to be done soon! :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    the navy lodge on our base requires a service member to make the reservations and be there when the person/family checks in, but that family members and whoever are okay to stay :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    The lodging on post fills up very quickly for graduations.  You may be better off staying off post.  I'm assuming you are going to Lackland?  There are a ton of hotels down there that are really reasonable. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    TDY and incoming students have first priority followed by people on official business and then whatever is left over is for civilians/military personel on their own vacation/PCS. I've made reservations with no problem, they have asked for rank and branch, but nothing more than that, I checked in by myself. This was all Army though, can't hurt to check and see if they have any openings.
    Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Well, he isn't done for another month. I was hoping to make reservations early so there wouldn't be any problems, i'm a planner.
  • Options

Most Air Force Inn's don't allow space-A reservations more than a month out- BUT, I would totally ask about it. Once you can make a reservation, try it!!

It was soooo convientent to not have to go off base during my off time, and I was able to do laundry and sleep a bit during my base pass.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"