Maryland Babies

I'm going to need to end the binky addiction and I am not looking forward to it

Ugh - DD was up 3x last night b/c she dropped or lost her binky - even after I got up and gave it back to her (or found a new one) she still wouldn't go back to sleep w/o me in the room - so I ended up sleeping on her floor for 20-30 minutes everytime.  She was close to dropping it a few weeks ago, but I caved and gave it to her. 
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: I'm going to need to end the binky addiction and I am not looking forward to it

• I have no idea how to go about weaning off the binky and I don't want to think about it.....that sucks! Is she throwing it out of her crib?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh gosh Kathryn! I'm not help. Annabelle really doesn't take a binky anymore. Only at my aunt's when she stuffs it in her face. But at home, not so much. Good luck.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm with remy, I dont' even want think about when we have to purge the binky.  On a side note, my MIL calls it a pfire and it annoys the hell out of me, it makes it sound like some kind of weapon, but she's sweet and I love her so I just let it go.

I like to call it the baby plug.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am no help, but I can tell you how not to do it. My sister used one for a long time, and one night while my mother was out my dad told my sister he flushed it down the toilet. She cried all night. It was awful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Now is the perfect time. We are going to start with reese soon too. Its gonna be tough!

I know several people who have 2.5-3yo who still walk around with binkies! It is much harder to break when older. 

• Speaking from experience, do it now!  My daughter still has one to sleep (only...it cannot leave her bed) and she's 3.  I hate it!  But it's the last battle, and we're going to address it soon.  We did the big bed, then potty training, so it's the next on my list.  Oh how I wish I'd have taken it from her sooner.  But, she's excited that Ariel is going to come take it from her and leave her a gift, so once Ariel gets her butt here, it's over with!

Good luck!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"