2nd Trimester
Options

TMI: Poop Pebbles

I work so hard, I sweat, I breathe, I try and read things and let my body relax, then I go the other way and push so hard I'm scared the kid's gonna come out with it. Then when I finally finish, I expect to see some mountainous amount of feces in the toilet- some sort of visual cue that all that hard work wasn't for nothing.

No such luck.

It's as if some evil poop fairy switches the poop I have been working so hard to expel with that of some small animal. Poop Pebbles. Not even alot of them.

Where is all of my food going???????

I think back on all the times I had nice, easy, consistent bowel movements- oh how I took those for granted. And now, it hurts, it feels huge, it won't come out willingly, and it's miniature size mocks my efforts. Although, it's still 100 times better than having morning sickness so maybe I should just count my blessings.

Re: TMI: Poop Pebbles

• Options
    I call them Pebble Turds, per Eddie Murphy's "Raw." LOL! I hate it more then anything. Fiber, apple juice, and TONS of walking have been my best friends.
  • Options
    JaimeCHJaimeCH member
    Oh no!!! Are you taking a stool softener? If not, maybe try some colace.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LOL! I call them Rabbit Turds! I have the same problem!
  • Options
    aforstaforst member
    You may already be doing this, but LOTS of fiber and a stool softener.  You are going to give yourself the hemi's from hell!!!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    ZoebotZoebot member
    ha! poop pebbles! you described it perfectly - i've been experiencing the same thing, and i can't agree with you more: all that work, and it's so frustrating to feel like that urgent "i need to poo NOW" feeling was over something that doesn't even rival my cat's droppings. ugh.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageMandaBeth582:
    I call them Pebble Turds, per Eddie Murphy's "Raw." LOL! I hate it more then anything. Fiber, apple juice, and TONS of walking have been my best friends.

THIS and yogurt, usually Greek yogurt and granola do the trick for me! Now I check my weight before and after pooping ... I pooped 1lb 2 oz the other day! It felt amazing!!!

• Options
    Try watermelon.  I eat it once a day and I have not had poop pebbles since!  Nothing and I mean NOTHING else worked for me including meds (colace, miralax, Metamucil, benefiber).
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageyeshuahamasshiah:

imageMandaBeth582:

THIS and yogurt, usually Greek yogurt and granola do the trick for me! Now I check my weight before and after pooping ... I pooped 1lb 2 oz the other day! It felt amazing!!!

Dang girl! A full pound? That's something to be proud of!!

When I was growing up, my cousins and I would eat as much as we could on Thanksgiving, weigh ourselves, then weight again after pooping. I don't think we ever got to a pound though!

• Options

I feel ya! I call them "Grandma Turds."

It seriously was so painful for me (I honestly have never in my life before dealt with constipation...until becoming PG) 

I now make sure I eat some sort of green veggie at least once a day and if needed, I take Colace. Works wonders...I sh!t you not! heheh

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageMandaBeth582:
    imageyeshuahamasshiah:

imageMandaBeth582:

When I was growing up, my cousins and I would eat as much as we could on Thanksgiving, weigh ourselves, then weight again after pooping. I don't think we ever got to a pound though!

what can I say? I am a POOPER!!!

• Options
    imageyeshuahamasshiah:
    imageMandaBeth582:
    imageyeshuahamasshiah:

imageMandaBeth582:

omg!! lmao. I have to admit I was having some awesome poos during 1st tri. Seriously. I would sometimes think oh my. that's freaking snake poop!

Now? I gotta admit I'm part of the rabbit poo club. :(

• Options
    imageyeshuahamasshiah:
    imageMandaBeth582:
    imageyeshuahamasshiah:

imageMandaBeth582:

omg!! lmao. I have to admit I was having some awesome poos during 1st tri. Seriously. I would sometimes think oh my. that's freaking snake poop!

Now? I gotta admit I'm part of the rabbit poo club. :(

• Options
    OMG that is so totally me, I have been complaining to DH that I push and strain so hard I'm afraid of having an embolism and then all there is is a teeny tiny butt nugget or two to show for 20-30 min of sitting on the toilet. Kiwi fruit is supposed to help too, but I munch on fiber plus bars (chocopeanutbutter) if it gets too bad.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    OMG! I've been going through the same thing this week. I've REALLY gotta go, sit down, and then......nothing miraculous! WTH! I would really like to poop sometime in the near future, that would be greeeaaaaatttt. I really don't want to take any meds for it. This too shall pass I guess. Confused
  • Options
    I've been there before, and I know it's very painful!  Try increasing your water and fiber intake.  Taking a colace or 2 daily would help also.  I need to take colace often since I've been taking PNV's, because of the iron.
  • Options

This literally made me LOL. I had to read it to DH because this is totally ME! I cannot poop to save my life. I feel I need to go...I try...and it looks like cat turds on a good day. Ugh. 

You are not alone!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageyeshuahamasshiah:
    imageMandaBeth582:
    imageyeshuahamasshiah:

imageMandaBeth582:

This. Is. Awesome.

Seriously though - a pound? I'm so jealous! 

• Options
    This is me for the last two weeks!!! I had NO problems until recently and I'm like 'Is that all!!!' I'm trying to up my water intake because there is a stool softener in my vitamin that has suddenly stopped working.
  • Options
    Ha! I call mine rabbit pellets! But I also had them before pregnancy! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"