Secondary IF
Options

day 3 u/s today........

the cysts on my ovaries are still there, however the u/s tech said the one on my right ovary is tiny but the one on my left looks like it didn't shrink, but didn't grow...............so that's a good thing if it stopped growing, correct??

Re: day 3 u/s today........

• Options

It's a good thing that it didn't get larger. However, it didn't get smaller either so they may want to remove it with a lap if they feel it's still going to cause a problem.

I hope that isn't going to be the case for you though!

• Options
    Thanks Mrs. T!    And of course the one that didn't shrink is on my left ovary which kind of freaks me out because my left side is my good side so Im pretty protective of it..............If god forbid I have to do a lap to remove it, is there a danger of hurting the ovary when removing the cyst???
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    From the explanation my RE gave me recently, as long as the ovary itself is healthy and of a normal size, it shouldn't be harmed by a lap.
  • Options
    Were you on BCP? And if so, for how long?
  • Options
    I've never been on bcp...........they were playing the wait and see method.
  • Options
    after my surgery for my ruptured ep back in July, one  of the first things my surgeon told me is I have a pair of good looking ovaries...........I'll never forget her saying that...........I was in so much pain and shock from what had happened and what had almost happened,  that the last thing on my mind was that comment, but after weeks passed I realized how important those words were.............so I do finally realize how lucky I am to have that, I guess that's why I get so nervous......especially about the left one.
  • Options
    I would talk w/your doctor about getting on BCP regimen.  That normally can fix the cyst issue.  It always worked for me.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options
    i asked about the bcp when I spoke to the nurse and she said they don't recommend it because it's successful in less then 50% of the patients that have used it...............so I go back for cd11 u/s next week.  Im going to push it again if nothing has changed.
  • Options

My cysts were found at my CD3 u/s.  I was put on bcp for 2 weeks.  Went back in and they had grown.

I'm on them for another month so hopefully in 2 more weeks, they will have shrunk some more and shrunk my ovary too!

• Options
    imageMrsT1209:

My cysts were found at my CD3 u/s.  I was put on bcp for 2 weeks.  Went back in and they had grown.

I'm on them for another month so hopefully in 2 more weeks, they will have shrunk some more and shrunk my ovary too!

Im hoping that happens for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"