Oregon Babies
Options

*VENT*

Ok... We are in the process of buying a condo.  A beautiful, brand new, 1500sqft condo.  We live in a very squished (now that we have a baby) 900sqft apt.  We were supposed to close on May 4th but stupid !@#$ keeps happening!  The latest? The building our condo is in was not FHA approved before our appraisal.  So last Thursday we had to have a second appraisal.  This is only 1 of a hand full of things.  The mortgage guy fired the processor because they were taking too long and not being up front about stuff.  We gave our 30 day notice to our apartment place on the 6th because we were supposed to for sure close the next day.  My husband has also been waiting to give his 2 week notice at work for his new job.... plus I can't hire a mover nor do I want to pack when I have no idea when we will be closing!  Oh.. and we have a fridge waiting to be delivered!  UGG!!!!! I am so over this effing buying a house thing!!!!!!  About ready to go postal on the mortgage place!

Ok.. vent over. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: *VENT*

• Options
    That sucks.  Buying your first home is sooo stressful!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This SAME thing happened to me and DH, making our first "home buying" experience a nightmare. We put in the 30 days at our apt., hired movers, didn't have DD yet but did 7k worth of upgrades and were so proud. (I have the pictures from framing to the walk thru to prove it) After being pushed back 3 or 4 months for the same stuff (so now we're month to month on our rent and living out of boxes we packed)...fireplace didn't come in on time, granite was back ordered, the weather was too wet to put up the walls.....our walk thru was a nightmare and the builder actually walked out because it was 5:00pm Friday and he had "better things to do"....a week before closing we backed out because we got a bad feeling. We lost our escrow, but it was worth it. A year or 2 later I found out the builder was being sued by another homeowners association site he built because the roofs were leaking well before warranty and he wouldn't cover it. So like I said, backed out, lost some money but found the house of our dreams a week later and have lived here 4 years in June. Everything happens for a reason, but I know exactly what you're going through and your frustration. Hopefully it'll end for you soon :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"