Orange County Babies

Mariners Church Nursery?

So, DD is 6 months and I'm thinking I might put her in the nursery at Mariners.  DH and I helped out in the Toddler's room a while back and are impressed with the facilities and staff. We didn't help in the nursery but saw the room and it looks fun!

Anyone put their LO in the nursery at Mariners and/or put their LO in the nursery at thier church? What are your thoughts? Should I wait a while longer? Should I see if I can help out and watch how things go for the first time?

TIA!

Re: Mariners Church Nursery?

• We go to Mariners as well. I thought it would be fine but DH said no. I figured it is the same as day care. Looks like they have a great system and the rooms looked nice.

• I don't know about the nursery, but I've heard really good things about their daycare program.  They apparently have a pretty long waiting list to get in. I debated trying to get LO in there, but it's not a convenient location, so I didn't research it any further.

• Loading the player...
  • i put my dd on the list when she was 4 months, she is now 18 months and I haven't heard anything from them.
  • imagesimplicty:
    i put my dd on the list when she was 4 months, she is now 18 months and I haven't heard anything from them.

wow!  One of the moms in my Mom's group has her son there.  And she went back to work at 5 months and didn't mention she had any issues getting him in at Mariner's Daycare.  Even my work's daycare is easier to get into and I refer to them as Juliard.  14 month waiting list?  That just sounds crazy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 14 months and counting! but at this point I think I would decline even if a spot opened up for dd. I also put her on Montessori waitlist around that time and also have not heard back. 
  • Good to know on the wait lists.
  • I knew the preschool was a good one, but didn't realize such a long waiting list.  Good to know.

When I posted I was wondering about the nursery on Sundays, during the church service.  I think I"m going to try putting her in there this Sunday!! It's only for like an hour and half...so I think it will be good.  She doesn't go to daycare, so it would give her a chance to meet and play with other kids.

Thanks for all your thoughts girls!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"