Orange County Babies
Options

A really bad case of seperation anxiety.

DD has been in daycare for 1.5 months now. She goes two days a week. But I hate leaving her there. I get anxiety the night before. Like tonight, I'm ready to cry just thinking about it. Every morning when I leave DD there, she screams and hugs me so tightly, I just want to ran back home with her. Then, I cannot focus at work. They treat her very well and she is learning a lot from being there. I know it's good for her. But I hate causing her that much pain in the mornings. It seems like she does not want to stay there. As soon as I pick her up she clings on to me again. DH keeps talking about putting her in there full time but I would just die if I had to go through the screaming every morning.

The teachers tell me it takes about 28 days for them to adjust. Is it true? any suggestions?

Re: A really bad case of seperation anxiety.

• Options
    I know it must be hard:( She might be feeling your anxiety as well.
  • Options

imageMissLinz:

Ditto on this.  My other thought is that I'm thinking since she attends so part time that it'll take her that much longer to totally acclamate to the situation vs. a child who was there full time.  Hang in there!  I know it's hard!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMissLinz:
    I am so sorry, I know this is so hard. But I think this is right...she is probably "vibing" you so try to stay strong.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

How sad...sorry to hear. It took DD about a month to get used to it. I still hate leaving her, even now that she is used to it so I totally understand how you're feeling. I think we are meant to be at home with our babies and raising them ourselves. SO it goes against our instincts to leave them.

One thing I heard from many caretakers is that its harder on the kids when they are only in daycare for part of the week. Because htey never establish a routine. It still took me months before I put her in 5 days a week.

Also, I tried to stay really upbeat when I was leaving her and not let her see me sweat. Then my husband started taking her in the mornings and he could handle it much better.

I think you and your DD will get used to it with time. And as she gets older she'll understand that you're coming back for her soon. That helps too. Just remember its a stage and it will pass.

• Options

oh hun, it will get better for you and for her!  I agree with PP that because its so part time, it might take a little while longer.  But the better you are at handling it, the better she will be.  Hang in there! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemisslb02:

oh hun, it will get better for you and for her!  I agree with PP that because its so part time, it might take a little while longer.  But the better you are at handling it, the better she will be.  Hang in there! 

This exactly.  So sorry that you are having to go through this.  :-(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"